calcium reactor

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Jinx, 20 Feb 2013.

1. Jinx

Jinx

I was just wondering....I've got a a full calcium reactor setup with solenoid and all.Now I'm thinking because I have a ph reader with probe laying around,what if I remove the solenoid and the controller and replace it with a ph reader and set the bubble rate and monitor it with the reader.In this way the gas doesnt have to open and close all the time and I can use my controller to control orp.What do you guys think?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Smithers

Smithers

I used to have the Deltec calcium reactor and according to the instructions it was better to run with out the use of the solenoid. When my solenoid opened I got a huge rush of CO2 then the reactor would make a noise for a bit and it was a pain.

After that I removed the solenoid and just bubbled the CO2 in slowly and tried to keep a low PH (Can't remember now it's been a while). I found the reactor seemed to work better in terms of water wasn't spluttering out after a large dose of CO2.

Your controller wouldn't measure ORP for this, it would measure PH.

4. Jinx

Jinx Thread Starter

If got an orp probe and saga controller

Recent Posts