Caddys reef

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

In 2009 i attempted to get a reef tank up and running. But was sent away for work for two years so had to can the idea but ive been reading and following all your threads in the time that i was gone. Im back at home and not going any where. So here goes attempt number two.

My DT specs. length 1600
width 740
height 650 water level at 600

My sump. Length 1220
Width 450
Length 450

Going to be running my TS 3 skimmer.
Two by SEIO 1500
Two by quad lighting hoods.
Not sure on the return pump yet.

Planning on having around 50kgs of live rock.

Will post some pics shortly once i upload them

:thumbup:

Welcome back

18074f32ba427976e.jpg

Finally i got it. Thats going to be my display tank. Its currently fresh water but once everything is up and running they out and the salt water in :thumbup:.

18074f32bda6b3c25.jpg

Thats what my sump looks like so far. Im open to any criticism, so let rip if it dont look right.

Some guys like a deep water level above their DSB (I do) and other like it shallow.
If it was my sump, I would change the dividers. Remove the short pieces. And lower the taller pieces. So that water level above the sand is a lot deeper and you score about 20% extra in size on your DSB

Last edited:
If i had to shorten the two outside dividers. Would the water level not be to low for my skimmer to operate in?

My tank is up and running now. Ive added a chiller to the list, RO machine and 6000ltr return pump. Ive got 30kgs of live rock and 20kgs of bali rock. Finished the aqua scaping. Will post pics tomorrow. Just letting the water settle to take some good pics.

Sounds cool man, good luck with everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom