Cabbage Leather Coral

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a Cabage Leather coral from Warr over the weekend for my dad. My dad called now asking me if I knew whether something might be wrong with it. He says it is hanging and has shrunk today. It was fine when we put it in, and it was actually expanding very nicely.

I am just scared it might be dead. Do you think it is? If so, can it leach chemicals (should he do a water change?)

TRUELLY SORRY ABOUT THIS WARR!!!! :(

Hi Jaco - no man... ;) Stop WORRYING SO MUCH!

It's a leather! They do that... ;) Mine too "sulked" for about a week, after I put it in my tank. It has to adjust to the new environment, you have placed the coral into.... ie. get used to the lights, the water chemistry, etc.....

Give it a chance - cabbage leathers are QUITE strong corals.....

Thanks Jacques... Just for in case: what is a sign of a dead cabage?

I think the guru's have put your mind at rest.

It maybe taking abit of light shock. Remember that coral was living in a T8 tank, so an increase in lighting may make it sulk.

Does it still have it's awesome brittle star hitch-hiker ?

Those things sulk like two year olds, so don't stress

Jaco? it would take a holocaust to kill a cabbage coral, they really are very hardy.
Just be patient and in a few days of settling it will open up to normal.

hmm strange then that i lost two during my tanks early days,and yet some sps and lps and mushrooms from the same time are still alive till today...the cabbage just slowly withered away in the course of a few months

thats the strange part jacques,my tree coral still survived(and actually thrived!) and so did my mushrooms.......

thats the strange part jacques,my tree coral still survived(and actually thrived!) and so did my mushrooms.......

flacon just my 2C...were the tree & shrooms "old stock" what i mean by that they might have been grown into the tank conditions where as my leather has just sulked for a week from being moved closer to the lights and flow by about 3 cm

but as everybody says they are VERY hardy...

Back
Top Bottom