Urgent help needed ca test problem

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Dale6, 21 Mar 2010.

1. Dale6

Dale6

hey guys just got the new elos expert line ca test kit and already misplaced my instructions, can anyone help me out pleeeeaaaaassssse?if thethe wrong place mods please move thanks.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mnd123

mnd123

Dale, I am having major touble with MASA so will post the approximate test, if you want the precise test let me know

1: Fill test vial with 5ml water (after rinsing it of course)
    2: Add 7 drops of reagent A
    3:shake for a few seconds
    4: add a 0.15ml spoon (the smaller one) of test powder B
    5:shake for a few seconds
    6: Add drop by drop reagent C, counting the drops till the colour changes from pink to blue, swirling the vial between drops
    7: wait till the vial stays blue for at least 30 seconds
    8: Multiply the number of drops by 50 to get an approximate reading in ppm, eg: 9 drops x 50 = 450ppm

Dale6 likes this.
  4. Anemone

Anemone

Me too!

5. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Just a question on the 0.15ml spoons. Do you use a level spoon or heaped spoon. I have the same test as well as the nitrate one. And the amount of powder that they give seems to last forever. Is the powder supposed to run out the same time as the drops cause if its a level spoon then the powder will outlast the drops by far.

6. mnd123

mnd123

Marius,

I just tap the spoon to get it close to level, as this is the approximate test I am happy with it. The Tropic Marin was far more finickity when it came to the spoon and I could get 3 different results from 3 tests.

As for running out, I always run out of the liquid reagents before the powder.

7. Dale6

Dale6 Thread Starter

Mnd thanks so much ,your help is much appreciated.only question is what is reagent d for?and are you sure it 50 times the amount of drops? I was told 25 by someone else?

8. mnd123

mnd123

Dale, no worries mucker!

Reagent D is for the Precise test, which is more involved. I never use it.

If we are talking about the Elos Aqua Test expert line Ca test kit, yes indeed, 50 x the number of drops - I am reading the leaflet as we speak

Dale6 likes this.
  9. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Reagent D is for a more precise reading. After you did the test that MND described you have to repeat the test but add 1 less drop of reagent C than what you did before. Then you add drop for drop reagent D until the colour changes. You then multiply the number of drops of reagent C X 50 and the number of reagent D drop X 10. This then gives you a reading to the nearest 10.

For example : First test you added 8 drops of reagent C. Now times this by 50 so you get 400.

Next test you repeat all the steps but only add 7 drops of reagent C. Then you add drop for drop reagent D. Let say you add 3 drops of D before the colour changes. Then your CA reading will be (7 X 50 = 350) + (3 X 10 = 30). Thus your ca is 380.

Dale6 likes this.
  10. Dale6

Dale6 Thread Starter

guys thanks soooo much!:thumbup:

11. rudivh

rudivh

Hey there. I also tested my water yesterday, and tha Calcium level is 360. As i understand it it should be between 400 and 450? What must i do to get this up?

12. mnd123

mnd123

Hi Rudi

there are many ways to get your Ca up - I do think that the best advice I can give to someone (who I assume is a n00b - hope I am not wrong!) is to get a Ca supplement (Tropic Marin etc) although there are cheaper options out there like dripping kalk etc

Recent Posts