C2C built with tank connectors, how to silence gurgling noise

Travis1

(wilsontravy)
Reaction score
Hi guys, new tank build with C2C overflow. 3 tank connectors, 32mm where used by tank builder. Problem is the gargling noise is quite loud. How would I silence that?

The tank is running, so no ways I can redo plumbing.

Any advice welcome.

Post a pic. Will be easier to understand. But if its gurgling it sounds like the elbows are facing up or the actual stand pipes are open at the top. You can fit 2 elbows to make a 180 degree that faces down into the water that will sort out the gurgling but the falling water will still make a noise. You need a place where the air can escape otherwise it could cause a syphon which will drain the overflow box and then make a loud gurgling as well when it sucks in air. That can be sone by adding a t-piece onto the pipe with a 90 elbow coming out the side that faces down. Then add a end cap with a small hole in on top of the t-piece for the air flow. But lets get a pic first.

Last edited:
Without knowing any details of return pumps and tank size. Maybe close of one of the connectors if possible which will increase the water gou through the other 2 and allow less air and gurgling. But pics and return pump details would help.

Tank size is 2.2 by 750 by 700.
Running a D.C. Pump On max at 8000lph. I have tried to close one valve completely, the. Pose is still there. I have toned down return pump on lowest level, then the the noise goes slightly quieter. Will try post a better pic of overflow but this is what I have for now.

IMG_3554.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG
IMG_3558.JPG
Plumbing

Google bean animal overflow and you will be able to sort your problem out...

Thanks for the help, I have adjusted 1 overflow and toned down return to 80%. Much quieter now.

Otherwise push a piece of airline tubing into the front of the pipe at the tank connector side and have the other end above water level, should provide a way for air to escape and quiet it down.

Back
Top Bottom