buying LR with aiptasia

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by B2048, 20 Jul 2010.

1. B2048

B2048

Hi all

I have been looking at Live Rock recently and have seen some with visible Aiptasia on it. Is this perfectly normal? And would it just be inviting trouble if I had to buy it like that?

B.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trev

Trev

If you are not planning on keeping corals then its not a big issue but if you are planning on keeping corals then it is an issue

4. Evo R

Evo R

In my personal opinion,DONT !!!!!!

About two or so months ago i spotted a very tiny little aiptasia and thought to myself awh the little bugger is so cool,so i left it.andfor a month or so it just stood there all alone and i reconed that big hype about them being pests and all are all lies.

Now a month or so down the line and i feel like shutting my nano down because they are spreading faster and faster.Every 2 to 3de day i spot a new little f@#ker!

Do yourself the the best favour you can in this hobby,stop potensial problems before they become disasters!!!

5. B2048

B2048 Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments, guys. I also didn't have a good feeling about having to buy LR with visible aiptasia on it. I guess the search continues! I wanted Fiji LR but the supplier of it hasn't come through for me :(

6. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Give Andreas a shout.
    He has some fantastic live rock for sale.

7. Allen

Allen

8. B2048

B2048 Thread Starter

9. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

man its best not to buy rock with it on.. its a lengthy and costly thing to eradicate once it has established itself and will make your experience in this hobby a nightmare.. if i even see 1 i nuke it with kalk asap..

10. Dane

Dane

I would use it as a good argument for a really really low price. Basically it should be sold as dead rock. Then just freeze the rock for a few days, leave it out in the sun for a while and start anew :)

11. B2048

B2048 Thread Starter

Well, it's not even the cheapest of rock either. I suppose the LFS is just trying to sell it irrespective of the consequences to the buyer.

:nono:

B.

12. Dane

Dane

then, no.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Recent Posts