Buying first SLR cam advice

I like the 600D bundle as the nikon models are quite a bit older already. Only drawback is that you wont be able to use your moms lenses and toys if you go away though. The Kata bag is pretty cool as well. I have the same one and it is small and holds a crap load of kit.

Last edited:
I like the 600D bundle as the nikon models are quite a bit older already. Only drawback is that you wont be able to use your moms lenses and toys if you go away though. The Kata bag is pretty cool as well. I have the same one and it is small and holds a crap load of kit.

sick,

i think the 600D is going to be our choice.
the Nikons are a bit older and oddly priced?
nice entry level 3100 then after that it gets to expensive for 5100.
and the D90 is from 2008 so its just a bit to old for my liking...

@Furbz, Just seen what appears to be a good deal at Game,

550D Kit

550D Body
18-55 IS
55-250 IS
50 f/1.8 Prime
Backpack
16GB Card
270EX Flash
Extra Battery
Lens Hood
Lenspen - Cleaning tool

Also included is a photography course.

All for R11 000.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Furbz, Just seen what appears to be a good deal at Game,

550D Kit

550D Body
18-55 IS
55-250 IS
50 f/1.8 Prime
Backpack
16GB Card
270EX Flash
Extra Battery
Lens Hood
Lenspen - Cleaning tool

Also included is a photography course.

All for R11 000.

Thanks lIghty,

also thinking about that deal...
deciding if we need the extra odds and ends

Well the extra battery is awesome for the park and its worth almost R500. Since its not just normal AA batteries. Nothing worse than running out of battery power and then coming across a awesome sighting.

The little flash (Worth R1250) is also nice for when the pop up is just not good enough. And you can bounce the flash for softer light. Its not nearly as fancy as the bigger canon flashes but perfect for the beginning.

And if you want I can be a vulture and we can tank about a nice low price for the 50mm prime :)

I know nothing of cameras.. except that when i looked for one, the guys told me the Nikon D3000 , with the VR 15-20mm lens is not to bad for what you pay. I also get the Sigma 50-100mm lens, non VR.

It's a bit more than the average point-click stuff, but not to much, and not overpriced.

I see the latest model now is the D3100.

Anyways, like I said, I dont know much, thought i'd only mention it :whistling:

Well the extra battery is awesome for the park and its worth almost R500. Since its not just normal AA batteries. Nothing worse than running out of battery power and then coming across a awesome sighting.

The little flash (Worth R1250) is also nice for when the pop up is just not good enough. And you can bounce the flash for softer light. Its not nearly as fancy as the bigger canon flashes but perfect for the beginning.

And if you want I can be a vulture and we can tank about a nice low price for the 50mm prime :)

lol, i'll let you know on the 50mm prime ;)

Its now basically a toss up between the 2 camera bodies.
they are almost identical to each other techwise.
the 600D is able to take a wider arrange of dimentions. and it comes with a screen that can be moved.

other than that not much else.
its bigger, but thats not an issue as i have small hands.

i think this week i am going to make a few calls and see what "experts" say about the 2 products.

I personally would go for the Canon 600D, Canon IMO have a better bigger range of lenses, which means it easier to find a lens that suits your wallet.

Howzit!

can you believe, i have ordered a Nikon D5100.

got a great deal kit.

Nikon D5100
18-55mm VR lens
55-200mm VR lens
4GB card (bit small but not a worry as we have so many around the house)
Nikon Bag.

all for R8575 including delivery to my door!

and i dont mind the 200mm lens as i can for the moment borrow my mothers 300mm lens!

anyone interested in getting the same deal, call Sacamera. they are not allowed to put this special up on the webpage as its for the launch of their new store.

Howzit!

can you believe, i have ordered a Nikon D5100.

got a great deal kit.

Nikon D5100
18-55mm VR lens
55-200mm VR lens
4GB card (bit small but not a worry as we have so many around the house)
Nikon Bag.

all for R8575 including delivery to my door!

and i dont mind the 200mm lens as i can for the moment borrow my mothers 300mm lens!

anyone interested in getting the same deal, call Sacamera. they are not allowed to put this special up on the webpage as its for the launch of their new store.

Back
Top Bottom