busy changing from dsb to ssb

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Charl_Stanhope, 4 Feb 2011.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

Hey guys.

As I asked you guys in a previous thread about how to change from a dsb to a ssb and then I decided to go from the crap crushed coral to beach sand I collected at low tide below the water line. So I did the first 1/4 of my tank on monday and decided to do another quarter today. Since monday was such a struggle and ended up losing half my water(I couldnt syphon it out as the crushed coral was to large for a normal pipe so had to use a bigger pipe and I lost a lot of water(half the volume of my tank.) So today I used a cup to scoop it up and Ive got quite alot of crap floating around now. Ive got no coral or anything. Fish and turbos only. I probably screwed up. Was it as dumb as I think it was or not too bad. Any suggestions. Im planning to do a 20% water change later after the crap has settled.

The crushed coral stored so much crap its scary. I still dont know why I got given that advice by my lfs. by the way.

Thank you so much for all the help. Glad I discovered a forum where you guys actually help and not just tell you how you screwed up and you have to buy this and that. This is by far the best forum ever. Wish I discovered it when I started. Thanks guys

Last edited: 4 Feb 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Is the DSB in your sump or in your display tank? Or are you talking about changing the substrate in your tank?

4. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

its in my display tank. Im busy changing the substrate in display tank

5. maxisoft

maxisoft

Welcome to Masa.... you're in good hands...

As a newby myself, I dont consider myself qualified to give you advice on this matter... But hang in there... most of these members recovering from weekend blues, then they'll give you all the advice you need.....;)

Recent Posts