BushWackers Attempt at GLORY!!!

i had the 18000lph one on but to much flow blowing things all over the place....and i dont want to use ball valves as considering the .45kw the pumps pull unless its running at full power its a waste of money bottem line so i gonna be getting a reeflow pupm soon to run it...somwthing that run between 100-175w and give me 15000lph+ flow.
for no i have enough flow in the tank though.

i have a question aboout gonipora and galaxea corals ppl....on two diff sites i read two completely different stories....one says for galaxea high light and high flow and the other site has the direct opposite ..indirect medium flow and indirect lighting. and as for the gonipora....with regards to flow and lighting where should i place it ideally??

Hi Bushwacker - many thanks for the response.

OK - goniporia are very difficult coral to keep alive - so, I wish you all the best of luck with yours. They prefer low to medium flow, with medium lighting. You should not have it in a direct current in your tank..... I would suggest in between the 2 coral bommies, right next to the rock (on either the left of right - depending on where you find it best)....

Regarding the galaxea coral - these corals should BEST be placed outside of a 20cm radius from any other coral, as they are known to have stinger tentacles that could extend up to 20cm long.... these are also known to kill off any corals in their reach. These corals are best placed in medium to high lighting, with medium flow.....

Hi Bushwacker, great looking tank. I really like the CLS you have. How about some more pics of the CLS and sump. I also love the gonipora. i have one myself and they seem to like a good amount of flow past them but not direct strong flow, just something gentle. Although you'll also notice no flow means they don't come out properly. Good luck though

yep mines extendsa nicely during the day and when lights go out in retrects quite abit...as for the difficulty...ive been told that its only the feeding that is a problem...but all of them seem to react well to coral frenzy good stuff i must say....
as for the galaxea ul see it up on the bommie by itself so im not to concerned as yet about its sweepers...im quite happy with my nemone though it was a bout the size of my hand when i got it....now its getting huge...though i dont understand why the one ckown is so territorial about it...doesnt let the other clown near and i got them as a pair...must have had marrige problems when they moved in to their new home...

the rock inbetween the two "bommies" supposed to be covered in star polyps but for some reason they havent opened up at all not even a tiny bit...dont know if there dead or hiding or what.....
also i tested my calcium level lastnight...tropic marine kit...complicated to say the least...all those syringes..anyway its at 440...is that high or optimal??

According to me, Bushwacker - a calcium level of 440 is good enough..... I believe anything between 400 and 470 is more than ample..... Especially if you don't have SO much calcium absorbing corals (LPS/SPS).......

This calcium levels will not be the reason for the starpolyps not opening up.... in what lighting conditions were they previously? It could be that they need to adapt to your lighting conditions.

Great setup you have there bushwacker. Good job with that plumbing (i wish mine could look as neat and organised).

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!

lol dogstar....mine looks much neater now then those pictures....after awhile it gets to you to take the time to actually do it...so i cleaned it up nicelcy..silcone is terrible to take of after it sets in thin layers but i spent hours scraping and cleaning.....

jacques...im just hopping to keep the corraline growth going mostly thats why i ask...

some blady awesome LR you got their man;)

tank is big:thumbup: i like :thumbup:

how is the closed loop system working for you?
Are you going to paint the back panel?:whistling:

the rock inbetween the two "bommies" supposed to be covered in star polyps but for some reason they havent opened up at all not even a tiny bit...dont know if there dead or hiding or what.....
also i tested my calcium level lastnight...tropic marine kit...complicated to say the least...all those syringes..anyway its at 440...is that high or optimal??

if you don't see the base anymore and you only see rock...then they are dead.
i showed you the base at my place so you know what i'm talking about right?

Wow, nice tank dude. Really cool kit you have.

Well done and good luck :thumbup:

thanks lanzo, warr

and the rock is compliment of lanzo...thanks dude!!!...
the base and little polyp thingies are still there but nothings opened...will have to wait and see now...

thanks lanzo, warr

and the rock is compliment of lanzo...thanks dude!!!...
the base and little polyp thingies are still there but nothings opened...will have to wait and see now...

take a pic of it tomorrow and lets see whats happening;)

DSC00232.jpg
any1 can id the brown polypy thing?? sold to me as a sea mat...but can find it on the net...the one by the clow fish in the pic

Back
Top Bottom