Burrowing Fish

Reaction score
Hello, Im woundering if there are any fish (Names Please) which constantly burrow and kick up the substrate, and which are also Reef Safe. Looking to get some character in my tank so i guesse a burrowing fish would just be that :whistling:

True, could be im just looking for the wrong type of Goby. And let me Google the Jawfish there ;p

Diamond Goby
look at these..i promise u u wont be dissapointed...i had a pair and they were awesome!!!....unfortunately had to part with them when i closed my tank....

Either a Blue or Red, but ile keep checking the net, ile eventually find something I like.

Diamond Goby
look at these..i promise u u wont be dissapointed...i had a pair and they were awesome!!!....unfortunately had to part with them when i closed my tank....

what did you feed them Bushwacker?

Many of the wrasses burrow and sleep in the sand, but do be careful, some of those wrasses are a royal pita in your tank.

could you please explain why some are PITA Mike as i would like 1 or 2?

some - like the dragon wrasse - get rather large, eat all your clean up crew and knock all your rockwork over, other than that, they are fine:lol: you should look at the mouth position, if the mouth is right at the point of the fish, chances are it is a predator (no doubt someone will bring up the exception to this);) but as a rule of thumb, it usually works, but whatever fish you get, read up and research before you buy.

Most def i totally agree i will never purchase a fish that i know nothing about. about them being predators i know that some of them are and some get huge. thanks mike i just thought that you had some perculiar behaviours thats why you said PITA but otherwise wrasses just being wrasses

One of my favourite burrowing fish is the Iridis Wrasse. A stunner!

One of my favourite burrowing fish is the Iridis Wrasse. A stunner!
Mine too Mekaeel. The first fish i ever had was an Iridis wrasse called Phillip.He was really cool.Never gave me any hassels,until one day for no apparent reason he jumped out the tank.I found him all dried up in my garage.
0002006A.gif

Back
Top Bottom