Bugs and goggas

RiaanP

Reaction score
Will anything go wrong if mosquitos and small types of flies keep ending up in the tank?
They must be going for tha actinic blue lights. Or will the goggas be nice meat substitude. I think the bristle worms will sort it out.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure plenty of them end up in the sea, and any spare food will get snapped up by one of your tank mates.

RiaanP

Reaction score
I can understand at the shore, but deeper at the reefs, surely there are not goggas flying around there.
But a mosquito and a cpoepod must be about the same stuff, except the wings. Any gogga experts out there?

Reaction score
i see flying ants and other stuff in the tank and i try take them out. they don't get taken by my fish at all. i wonder if i add to the bad levels in the tank when they start decayin if you miss some?

Reaction score
I dont take chances,
00020147.gif
there are some nasty goggas out there that Im sure would release toxins in the tank once they die.My tank is covered with shade cloth to stop them.
0002011A.gif

RiaanP

Reaction score
I had these stupid christmas beetles drowning in the tank. The same beetles that come out at night and mostly attack Rose shrubs. These I take out. As they end up in the overflow. That is also why I do not use incecticide on my roses and scrubs. Never knows where the bug has been.