bucket sump without overflow or drilled tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mandarinman, 9 Jul 2012.

1. mandarinman

mandarinman

i was thinking how to make a safe sump for my tl550 and this is my idea.a container wether bucket or small tank. if you have a top up switch in your main tank and a return pump connected to it to top up the main tank from sump bucket or glass sump. All you would need is a siphon pipe of sufficient diameter to keep the water flowing down at sufficient a rate to keep the top up pump flowing. With an anti syphon hole on the top up pipe and the end of the syphon pipe coming from the tank being just below the surface of the main tank. You cannot have probs. If power fails the syphon will take a cm of water out of main tank and stop. When the dt fills up to the float switch level it will stop pumping. all one would havto so after a power failure is reprime syphon from dt? Will this work?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

how many towels do you got?
    will you be there if the powers comes back on?

4. DubKorps

DubKorps

i say drill the tank :lol: if you drill i will drill too :lol:..... i mainly want to drill for the fact of more DT space :p for my new mp10wES

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

The return pump will fail. These pumps are not designed to be switched on and off 200 times a day.

mandarinman likes this.
  6. mandarinman

mandarinman Thread Starter

the pump will only come on if the float switch in the dt will allow it to so there will be no need for towels imo or how do you see it

7. mandarinman

mandarinman Thread Starter

i was hoping to balance the flow a bit better so that it is not on off all the time. But you ,make a valid point

Recent Posts