Bucket Quarantine another round

Whitespot life cycle can be sped up if you push the temperature slightly up to 28. Around that is the optimal temperature for whitespot. Freshwater whitespot dies at 28.

Look again at the picture about the whitespot cycle. Will realize that 6 weeks are enough.

So I lost my Powder Blue to WS last week. But he died in QT. I moved all my fish to my QT that I started with tank water. Added fresh bio balls. Wavemaker snd run filter pads in the back that I clean once a week. Did a 20% waterchange after the first week. I am however using copper based medication. Copper level at 0.5. I did a waterchange to make sure my ammonia stays on 0. Non of the other fish showed signs of WS but wanted to be sure. Display will stay fishless for 3 months. I’ll move the fish from QT to a holding tank after 2 weeks. The holding tank will be without copper.

Will this be sufficient? Or can I do the bucket transfer method after the copper treatment. Then in a holding tank. Will the fishless tank for 3 months be sufficient for WS to die out?

its not necessary to do bucket transfer after copper.....copper would have killed all parasites if there were any.

Just to make sure you got it right.
I’ll move the fish from QT to a holding tank after 2 weeks.

Bucket transfer you must move the fish at maximum every second day. Cannot leave them in the same bucket for 3 days. Every day better if you are worried about ammonia buildup, loads of fish, smallish bucket. Big enough buckets and fish numbers and sizes are small compared to volume then every second day is good. That is what I do. But you cannot do three days.

Just to make sure you got it right.

Bucket transfer you must move the fish at maximum every second day. Cannot leave them in the same bucket for 3 days. Every day better if you are worried about ammonia buildup, loads of fish, smallish bucket. Big enough buckets and fish numbers and sizes are small compared to volume then every second day is good. That is what I do. But you cannot do three days.

Yes, will move them every 2nd day. Can I continue with my copper treatment. And after the 2 weeks of copper treatment, do the bucket method?

Back
Top Bottom