Bubble-Tip Anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by scubaninja, 6 Oct 2008.

1. scubaninja

scubaninja

Hey guys, i've been looking into getting a nennie in the future, when all is good with my water conditions etc. I have been doing a lot of research into the bubble-tip(E.Quadricolour-i even learnt its scientific name:) spelling may not be 100s though:whistling:), even to the length of reading some hecticly long thesises etc. And i know a couple of the members have nennies so i am sure if i have a problem there wont be a shortage of help:) i've got a maroon clown at the moment which is the bubble tips actual clownfish, which kind of worked out, and the fact that the bubble tip is the hardiest helps too. Currently i have t5s, 2 10000ks and 2 12000ks. in the sequence 12 10 10 12. I have a big flat rock of kenyan at the top of my tank, closer to the surface directly under the t5s so it gets the most like it can. I've read and seen that they move when they dont like the light, flow, water conditions, but if its as close to the t5s without actually being outside the water i'm hoping it would like the light, flow in that section of the tank comes from the return pipe and if needed the partial flow fromt the seios. As far as water conditions go i do a water change every weekend of +- 25l of NSW so i think that water conditions would be greatly enhanced by that. I have a BB tank and currently overskimming, colour of my skimmate is nice dark coffee and my nitrates are zero. What nutrients the nennie might need(some of which scientists still dont know about) will hopefully come from the NSW changes. AS far as flow goes i'm still not sure about wether or not it must be slow medium or high, based on what i know(or think i know) i think it should be medium. as far as LPHs go i'm not sure. I know they are not power head friendly and i am looking into nennie-proofing my seios as i've seen some threads about that.
    i've been thinkin of the rose bubble tip, but have only seen the white variant around so far.

suggestions and things to watch out for and actual care of the nennie would help me greatly in my keeping of this beautiful creature.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

dosing iodine is a + for them

and make sure when you get your bta, that it has a florescent color to it, mine was dull brown with green base(i didn't think it was bleached,but i was wrong...so it died:(,that dull color was the starting point of bleaching).

4. scubaninja

scubaninja Thread Starter

thanks bud, will be inspecting my anemone very carefully when getting it cause if its in bad health it will only make it harder for me to keep it. One thing i dont actually know about, is how you go about handling them? like how do i pick it up etc

5. IMarine

IMarine

Hi bud handle them with care if you pick them up do it from under, and mine is under a ati power module 8x80watt and lots of flow,before putting them in, switch all pumps off for 15 mins let the nennie stick it self down and dont worry them to much,after 15 mins or so if the nennie is stuck down leave it and switch on the pumps but dont direct the flow on to your nennie immediatly wait a few mins and slowly direct one pump towards them,my nutrrents levels is very low but if you feed them every 3 days or so they will grow to be very health and keep your kh,ph,cal levels intact i run my kh on 8-10,ph 8,4 and cal on 400 at these levels you will have no problems
    goodluck

6. scubaninja

will do. so lots of flow then? medium to high flow? do i really need to feed the nennie? as in target feed? i been reading that they take energy from light and do the whole plant thing photosythesising etc.

7. scubaninja

this morning i had to leave home early to go to varsity for a industrial visit so i was awake early enough for the period where my moonlights are on first thing to simulate 1st light and i saw the wierdest thing, my maroon clown was hosting in my tube worms! i know about hammers and frogspawn etc but tube worms? the cluster of tube worms is pretty dense, too dense to see the rock so i guess it works out:)

Recent Posts