Bubble tip anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by HeikoS, 5 Feb 2012.

1. HeikoS

HeikoS

Hi guys,

I bought a small Bubble tip anemone yesterday, attached it to a rock where i wanted it to be. obviously it didn't like that spot and started moving. last night befre i went to sleep, it moved into a small ''cave'' underneath some rock.
    This morning it is hidden away completely, I don't see it. I checked all filters, no where to be seen. i suspect it moved in even further underneath those rocks. Should i go and do an intense search for it or just leave it and wait till it comes out from itself again?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Most of the times it's advised to leave them...BUT you have to make sure that you have the requirements to meet the needs of you'r BTA...if not, then any number of reasons can be the problem....how old is you'r Tank...is it stable...what Lighting do you have and probably the most important....is you'r Tank "Nennie Proof"...read thru these Links and see if you meet the requirements first...most of the times....when all is well...it's the Lights..(light shock)...gradually it will adjust to the Light and find it's perfect spot...there are many other odds and ends, but this should steer you in the right direction...

A Beginner's Guide to Keeping Anemones - Anemones
    A Short Beginners Guide to Anemones - RareClownfish.com
    Cover powerheads - karensroseanemones.net

4. salty dog

salty dog

If it is not in the overflow and if your water is clear (i.e. it didn't go into a powerhead) then I would leave it. It will take some time to find a spot it likes and settle. P.S. Are your powerheads nennie-proof?

5. Mc

Mc

These guys will move around you can't stop that but when they find a spot where they are happy they normally stay there. If you are a s lucky as me it will move around and come back to spot you origanally put it. If your tank cconditions aren't right it will probably keep moving around until it eventually dies. Im no expert on anemones but they are not very easy to keep.

6. HeikoS

HeikoS Thread Starter

nope, they are unfortunately not, but i will cover them today.

7. salty dog

salty dog

Good. If the nennie gets chopped up by the powerhead you could potentially loose everything in your tank.

8. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Tell us a bit more about your tank, fitration, lights and how long it has been running.

Recent Posts