Urgent help needed Bubble tip anemone gone through flow pump

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Damen, 9 Aug 2012.

1. Damen

Damen

We got a green tip bubble earlier today. Was settling earlier so we let it be and was prepared for it to move a little. Never planned for it to climb the glass and go through the power head.
    Noise just woke us up as he want through. I don't know what we must do now!! Skimmer going crazy with little bits and we were only able to do 25l worth of a water change as we ran out of water.
    Water is cloudy but can't find any Jenny left anywhere. Some help is needed to ensure we don't loose anything else in the tank???? Tank is 300l 4ft.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dane G

Dane G

run some carbon lots of carbon if you have, afraid you going to need more water for water changes< transfer LS to another tank if possible. dude all the best goodluck

4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

5. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/anemones/74485-anenome-sucked-into-power-head-cloudy-water.html
    http://www.corallore.com/rose-bubble-tip-anemone-518.htm

Please cover you'r power heads to prevent it happening again...sorry for you'r loss...:(
    http://www.karensroseanemones.net/coverpowerheads.htm

http://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/383897/power-head-cover-for-anemone

6. Damen

Damen Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys. we will do a large water change shortly. this am all looked good tank was clear fish swimming clams open other corals open too. skimmer came to the party and did a huge job. I added 2x packs of carbon last night so i assume that pulled a lot out the water. i know its still early days but everything seemed to still be ok this am.

7. zayd

zayd

Glad to hear.

8. crispin

crispin

good to hear that things look ok, but please dont relax due to this. The bio load thats gone into that tank is going to start breaking down, ammonia first and then Nitrite and then Nitrate and you are likley to experience elevated nitrate for a while after an episode like this.

Do you have the crabon in a reactor or is it just in a high flow area of the sump? If you can fluidise it in a carbon reactor its definatley worth your time to do so.

how old is the tanka nd how well developed is the bilogical filtration. Is the sand bed matured, good quality LR (30-40kg?) and have you had any cyano or algae issues in the past?

' the sollution to pollution is through dillution'...Anthony Calfo.

be perdantic with your water changes. mix water the afternoon before, get the SG correct and to the correct temp, id suggest 50-80l at a time, and change that water weekly. Dont miss.

do you have test kits? if so, which and what brand and check that they are in date. Test daily for ammonia and nitrite.

the chances of loosing your tank to this is still VERY high. Just cause it looks good doesnt mean it is, the ammonia spike, nitrite spike will happen before you see it and after that its too late.

I would do water changes fast now and often, if you dont have water, buy it....its cheaper than buying fish! I would also does Special Blend to up the bacterial populations which will convert the bio load through the cycles for you.

best of luck.

9. Damen

Damen Thread Starter

Thanks for the awesome feedback, and to the mod for correcting my subject typos. guess i was still asleep while all of this was going down at 12:30am. we will be conducting 75ltr water change shortly, current tank is 240ltr. and then another possibly sunday. we have a test kit Tropic Marin. roughly 7months old now so will do daily tests. this hobby is stressful. don think myself or the wife left at all last night. We have just bought a R.O unit to start our own water but its still sealed in the box so will have to get it up and running until then will get from the LFS that has always helped us. as for the carbon. currently just in bags in high flow but a reactor has been purchased for the new system that will be up and running in a few weeks. I NEVER wanna go through this stress again!!!!

10. crispin

crispin

thats why nennies are heartbreak things to have! Often best not to have one unless you are realy ready for it.

11. roderigo

roderigo

hay man sorry to hear that

12. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Day Dreamer Deluxe

Nemmie Soup. We all been there at least once ...

13. Damen

Damen Thread Starter

well happy to report we never lost a single thing, well except the nenny that becaome soup. all paramaters are good. did 50% water change and used AM guard from seachem as well as sability from seachem. super chuffed all is ok

14. shaunn

shaunn

good news ,shows you you can recover from a nennie soup

15. crispin

crispin

glad to hear :)

Recent Posts