Bubble tip advice needed please.

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Hingis, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Hingis

Hingis

Hi all,

So a couple weeks ago I got back from a fairly long trip away for a few weeks, and while I was away my dosing system played havoc. Got back and my nennie was obviously stressed as it had turned a pale brown very dull looking colour and all shrivelled up. Took immediate actions to correct my water parameters and over the last few weeks he has slowly started to colour up again on the tentacles. Also started to bubble a little and get bigger, been eating no problem either. He did however move around the tank quite a bit until recently he moved and decided to sit right under my torch coral. I decided I am tired of moving other corals around as he moved around and thought let's see what happens. Well I think the torch coral has damaged the BTA a bit on the rim of his head. I'm not sure exactly if it was the torch or if that's even possible. However yesterday I noticed my 2 wrasses starting to nibble at the BTA were his flesh was exposed. Today I noticed it definitely to be worse and even though he is still alive the fish I think overnight had pecked the nennies flesh more. I immediately took the BTA out the tank this morning to give him a good reef dip in the hopes of saving it before its to late, however I fear for the worst. I need advice on how to proceed please. So far this is what I have done. After reef dipping the nennie to keep the flesh bacteria free I got a clear plastic container and punched holes into it to protect the nennie from further attacks. I have placed the BTA into the plastic container and have put the container upside down on the substrate in the hopes he can recover and heal his skin (my thought process is I have seen the YouTube videos were they frag by cutting the nennie in half and thought that they heal themselves that maybe if I can protect him from further attacks it might heal after a week or so? He is definitely still alive and moves quite a bit. The exposed flesh is just below the rim of his "face" on the side wall, lucky not low by its foot but still on the side stem if that makes sense. Is it Ok leaving it inside the plastic container with holes punched into it where water flows through it?

Last edited: 2 Jun 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. zippy

zippy

he/she should be fine in the plastic container for now, it obviously won't be getting enough light, so keep feeding it if it is eating, if it stops eating however we need to think of a plan B. However it sounds like you have done everything you can for it thus far.

Just keep it away from the Wrasse.

Hingis likes this.
  4. Hingis

Hingis Thread Starter

Thank you very much. I will be keeping a close eye on it and give it some food. Here's to holding thumbs

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Any update on this?

6. Fred d

Fred d

would also like to know

7. Hingis

Hingis Thread Starter

Well he is still alive in the container. I don't think it is very happy being in there but I have to let it heal before releasing again or the wrasses will just keep on going for it. I tried to feed him last night but wasn't interested. Not a good sign however I am still hopeful. The flesh wound does look a little better which is good so hopefully he is healing slowly. Just worried he wasn't interested in food. Hope that doesn't mean he is getting weaker... Still monitoring it very closer.

8. jameshr

jameshr

I think it's a good idea to just keep him in the container until he heals. What are you feeding him and is the container transparent/translucent?

9. TaahirS

TaahirS MASA Contributor

Look at the date...

10. jameshr

jameshr

:banghead: Should have checked that before I replied, thanks for letting me know

Recent Posts