Bubble & purple tip too# close for comfort ?

Reaction score
Hi
About 3 days ago my bubble anemone moved right next to the purple tip anemone so I don't want to move them but is this safe?

Have not yet started fighting as far as I can see and feeding them individually.

What would you guys think I should do ?

uploadfromtaptalk1452610829252.jpg
sorry first timer on tapatalk

The bubble tip will hit that zoa where they touch.

If the anemones are both happy and expanded, then they seems to be happy with each other. I would move them apart to allow for some growth space.

Thanks @RiaanP this morning the bubble tip was on the move & I hade to leave for work so I hope every thing will still be in order when I get home.

On that last pic its clear that they will not go together. Even the zoa is retracted.

Jip hope it found its spot and didn't do to much damage. clowns are very protective over there bubble so don't what to get rid of it rather look for a nice home for the
purple tip. Will see how it goes.

uploadfromtaptalk1452699408174.jpg
got home and ja looks like bubble is splitting might be from stress ore water will have to check it.

How long have you had that nennie?
It is a bit on the bleached side and that it could be splitting means that it could be stressed.
Maybe give us a few more details on your tank (size, parameters, stock, lights etc) so we can help you determine what is causing this so that you can enjoy your nennie for a very long time (and post very pretty pictures of it). :)

Good morning guys so bubble did the split and is ok still to close to zoa but i dont want to bother it now. So here are some details.
Tank: tl150 boyu
Age:5 years (4 and 8 months with my dad) 4 months with me

Water
Salinity:1.024
pH:8.2
Alkal:7
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:4
Ammonia:0

Did do a diy led lights on the tank to run it of the solar might be that my light is not correct.

The bubble has been in my tank for 3 months now and was a light green and is stil a light green but as it expands it changes as seen in the photos and cellphone camera photos are horrible.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
Congrats on your nennie split :)
Are you running carbon? I would suggest doing so to eliminate any toxins that may be given off by the nennies.
Your tank otherwise sounds mature and stable so hopefully the colour will improve over time.
Good luck!

Marine carbon.
And remember to rinse the carbon before use.

So is this normal the 2 bubble anemones are on the same rock right up agenst each other.

Got the carbon and water nice and crystal clear. Thanks guys!!

Yup, they should be fine together because they are identical. Yours are looking good :)

The only time it would have been a problem is if they were two completely different btas (different dna), then it would have been war :p

Back
Top Bottom