Bubble master - bad luck

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by IMarine, 28 Feb 2008.

1. IMarine

IMarine

Hi guys i had a spell of bad luck with my skimmer today my bubble master 250 plastic mash came off from the impeller i found it in my skimmer it came loose and the other pump not skimming at all, i am very very angry called nortlands and they said they will sort it out for me, i guess maby a bad batch or not but to pay R8000.00 i will say it is a excellent skimmer but still very ,very pissed off, has any body heard any thing like this happen :(:(:(:(:(

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi IMarine - not sure how many people actually using BM skimmers. I know that Alan and PERHAPS Anthony (DR) have them. I am sure that they will post some time today - but you MIGHT need to wait a while.... Sorry.

BTW: I have not HEARD of this happening, though...
    Was the "mesh" on the mesh-wheel factory standard? Or did you mod the needle-wheel to a "mesh-wheel"?
    Was the "mesh" tied with a cable-tie? Did the cable-ties perhaps break?

4. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Damn, that is bad news, a very expensive and normally very good make of skimmer, sounds like Northlands are doing their bit to replace/fix the problem

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Doesn't sound good. Why is the other pump not working?

Pretty sure northlands will sort you out, I think they have replacement pumps in stock if I remember correctly.

Just out of curiosity, what warranty do you get with those skimmers, is it 1 year?

6. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Very strange for this skimmer, have had mine running for nearly 2yrs already and have not had a problem. The only hicup i have now and again is when the skimmer is switched off, the one pump fails to start this doesn't happen often. To get it started again i remove it and give it a slight knock and off it goes. This happens with a few of my pumps and is not uncommon in water pumps.
    Knowing Sean and Chris as i do, i know this will be sorted out no problem. Keep us updated.

7. IMarine

IMarine Thread Starter

Thanks guys for answering the mash was tired down with tie straps and i did not modify at all, maby a factory fault dont now got to impellers that shawn sent from nordlands thear service was excellent connected it but still not happy with one pump, it is workoing but not as strong as the other and it does come with a 1 year warranty and i found by blowing through the pipe it starts, it is skimming like a monster i allso bought a giessman infinity 250watt light unit will be getting it on wednesday inshallah all i can say that shawn service is out standing up for nortlands service i give those guys :thumbup:up thanks again guys keep up the good work, and your guys web site is the best arround better than the other one .

8. Noodles

Noodles

what's there web address?

9. IMarine

IMarine Thread Starter

10. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Not sure on these pumps but on most others the venturi blocks slightly. This causes extra drag on the pinwheel which is designed to run in an air saturated fluid. Clean the venturi and you will find that the pump will start by itself and draw a lot more air. I clean these venturis every few months to ensure optimum skimming.

Recent Posts