BTA - some tentacles not fully extending

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I have noted that 3 of my anemones have some tentacles that do not inflate completely. These are the 3 that split from the original one - I can not see if the original one has the same issue.

What is the cause of this if this is something to be concerned about? Please see the pic

20160806_171313.jpg

System info:

Lighting: Maxspect Razor Nano over the side with the anemones.
Age of system: 10 months

Water parameters:

Salinity: 1.025
Ph: 8.3
Alk: 11 dkh
Ca: 440 ppm
Magnesium: 1380 ppm
Nitrates: 1.25 ppm
Phosphates: 0.04 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 ppm

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys.

@I.R.Ben: Ithe has been about 3 or 4 weeks.

@Ricky W: I was wondering if that was the case too.

I will keep an eye on it and feed the anemones more frequent.

Hi @Tafelsout , sorry to hijack your thread. I found it while looking up Maxspect Razor and RBTA. I'd like to add a RBTA to my tank for my clowns. I've got a Maspect Razor 120W and was wondering if it was enough for RBTA. I see you have a Razor Nano, what percentage do you run you light? Do they need to be up at 100% for the nennies? Keep me in mind if you ever decide to get rid of one of your RBTA's:whistling:

Hi whipper. No worries about the thread. The nano worked for me. It just covers one side of my tank (with the nennies). Your light should do the job (assuming the tank is not bigger than the footprint of the light). Lol and the general thing about it moving if it is not happy.

I will check the channels for you and get back to you. I know I don't have either channel on 100%. I think I have white on 55% to 60% and blue on 80% to 85%.

I want to sell 3, but I have not had the time to remove them from the rocks - I need to move the rock to a separate tank. Don't want to pull them off the rocks.

@Tafelsout Thanks. Yeah my light covers the whole tank. I think my max is 70 white 65 blue, but at least that leaves plenty of space for adjusting if necessary. Let me know your settings its always nice to see what others have their razors set at.

When you do decide to sell please keep me in mind, you're close which make its easier. I'll keep an eye on the for sales forums

Back
Top Bottom