Browser Help

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by Albert Terego, 23 May 2013.

1. Albert Terego

Albert Terego

I need any IT guru's to please see if they can help me.

1) I use Firefox as my browser. About 2 months ago I had trouble logging into MASA. I input my Username and password, got the screen Welcome Albert Terego, thanks for logging in and then it booted me back to the log-in screen again.

I found the only way I could log in to MASA was to clear my cache and all cookies directly before I logged on. So it seems a cookie somewhere is giving me problems.

When I use Internet Explorer to attempt logon to MASA I cannot - even when I clear all cookies etc.

2) Related (I think).

Since yesterday I have been unable to logon to my MWEB e-mail account when I access it bis the internet using Firefox. It accepts my login name and password, but then just hangs on the Screen saying Thanks for logging in.

When I use Internet Explorer I can log on without issues.

Does anyone have some insights for me on how I can resolve this. I would prefer to continue using Firefox.

Last edited: 23 May 2013
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. the fish

the fish

in the internet options switch of the download of cookies. in both browsers. also clear the ones that has already been downloaded. this is what worked for me. if it is a cookie that is giving the problem then this step will most likely solve the problem. also try update your version of firefox with the latest pluggins for the MWEB problem. unless the site itself has a little bit of a problem using java browsers like firefox all of the sudden. then there is not much you can do about it

4. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

browser issues are hard to pin-point, i would run windows defender etc to check for trojans etc and go from there

short of uninstalling firefox and re-installing as maybe an upgrade didnt go so well

5. the fish

the fish

ssacsc.png

just be adviced that if you switch of the cookies it will ask you to log on every time you switch pages. no matter on what site you are logged on. other than that i also agree on what dallas said. well the uninstall and re-install part. try windows security essentials rather than defender. also this will only work if you have a ligit copy of windows though

ssacsc.png

6. Albert Terego

Albert Terego Thread Starter

Thanks for the assistance.

I found (in both Internet Explorer and Firefox) that I need to have all cookies switched off in order to access MASA, but have to allow them to be able to access my MWEB e-mail.

Very strange, and irritating as then one does need to re-enter login details each time.

I'll see what the Windows Security Essentials does, but for now I am going to use IE (cookies disabled) to access MASA and Firefox (cookies enabled) for all my other browsing.

Thanks for the help though, at least I have a working solution now - not ideal but working.

7. the fish

the fish

no problem man. security essential is a antivirus program. its free and it is probably the best one that i have worked with.

8. Albert Terego

Albert Terego Thread Starter

OK I tried that screenshot you posted above.

I did not have the "Remember my browsing and download history" and "Remember Search and Form history" boxes checked.

So I checked them and also checked the "Accept Third Party Cookies".

Now I can access both MASA and MWEB e-mail from Firefox.

Not sure why but it works now so thank-you.

Last edited: 23 May 2013
  9. the fish

the fish

always a pleasure to help man:)

Recent Posts