Brownish stuff on Clarkii

Do you have a Anemone in you'r Tank...?

Yup, he lives in a massive carpet anemone.

I have also just inherited two new anemones from friends that have shut down. One small BTA and a sand/corkscrew/long tenticle anemone.

He has started visiting the new anemones.

He also bothers my gonipora (potplant coral) to no end, and i could just smack him for that.

Yup, he lives in a massive carpet anemone.

I have also just inherited two new anemones from friends that have shut down. One small BTA and a sand/corkscrew/long tenticle anemone.

He has started visiting the new anemones.

He also bothers my gonipora (potplant coral) to no end, and i could just smack him for that.

Did you read the "mucus" Link..? Do you think it could be that, seeing as you just stated that it started visiting the new anemones..:blush:

Do you think it could be that,

I have read that, and I presume it might be the case.

He is acting perky again, like chasing other fish around and what not and feeding the anemone again. swimming around like normal and not just hanging around in front of the flow pump.

Last edited:
He is acting perky again, like chasing other fish around and what not and feeding the anemone again. swimming around like normal and not just hanging around in front of the flow pump.
I really hope that that's the case..always nice to have a positive outcome to a "Sick Fish" Thread...:thumbup:

Ok so i left home for about 6 hours today and when i got back noticed that his left eye is looking a bit swollen now.

I have managed to nab him and have him in my sump, i have setup a hospital tank and have RO, copper, heal-all and oomed on standby.

When i took him out the tank i smelt him to smell if he smelt weird but he just smelt fishy...

I tried to wipe a bit off but it was pretty stuck to him...

Any ideas on what route to take? Can i take the little guy to a normal vet?

so he is bleeding from the infected area...

He is in the hospital tank with heal-all where he spent the night.

Any advice will be welcome...

Should this be moved to urgent to get some more attention?

IMG_6178.jpg

Last edited:
I think urgent will qualify in this case..my opinion..can you start one there..? and maybe just copy and paste this one in you'r Thread...? I'm sorry about you'r Fish..:(

Did the clown at all tried the new
sand/corkscrew/long tenticle anemone.
Do you know if this anemone is a hosting type? If fish do heal in the QT, there after check it as you re-introduce the fish back to display to see in what he try to host.

I doubt that it will be good if he keeps on visiting the different species. He have to get used to the anemone stinging cells, and can not just dash into a new anemone. So they normally start of slowly by just touching, until their skin is used to the anemone. Not sure how the mucus / skin will react if he visit 3 different anemones with different stinging cells.

And as far as i can remember he was showing signs of weird behavior before the doreensis joined him.
So i'm pretty much ruling out that the new anemone is the problem.

I'm sure it was on the weekend or Monday that i first saw that he was swimming in an odd manner, but i though very little of it, other than saying something to my lady about it... which she agreed.

The brownish stuff only appeared a couple days ago... i think the day before the doreensis was added.

I have also pretty much ruled out brook cause he is still alive. and in all the pics i have found on the net, brook looks like WS and this doesn't at all.

He has no buoyancy problems and seams to be swimming fine, in fact in the hospital tank he is staying out of the flow When he swims around it still looks like his same old perky self, like it doesn't look labored or anything like it did at the beginning of the week.

I dropped some pellets in for him just now but he showed a lack of interest there, so i will try some meaty food just now and see if he responds.

His left eye is still a little swollen so i'm going to read all about swollen eyes now.

Thanks for trying to help and if you need any more info from me i will do my best to provide it.

ok Erle, happy with the fish being able to host in a lot of anemone species. But can he go from one to the other directly? I never found any info on that.

Back
Top Bottom