Brown Tang

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any advice ?

I have a brown tang, I am wanting to introduce another tang(yellow or regal),do you think this would be problematic since I read that brown tangs usually don`t get along with other tangs. 4ft tank. Anyone with some experience with tangs together in a tank of similar size.

Hi Rax - a 4 ft tank is ALREADY small for a tang..... IF you would rather still go for another tang (which I would not advise), get one that's bigger than the existing one. That's the only way you would be able to add another tang to your tank... BUT, tangs need a LOT of swimming space, and a lack of space would let them get c. irritans... (marine ich)...

Personally i think your tank is too small for a brown tang, they get very big and need plenty of swimming room, tangs in general are very free roaming fish and 6ft tanks are considered the minimum.

f... it ,spoke to my wife, does`nt think you guyz are good influences coaxing me into getting a bigger tank an all.

However, I do regret getting a smaller tank, but i am working on it,one day......

Yip agree with the others. Hold back on adding any more Tangs to your tank.

There are some awesome smaller fish around that will make great additions to your tank.
What have you got stocked at the moment ?

yellow tail damsel,cream angel,coral beauty,brown tang,percula clowns,6 line wrasse, 260litre tank

Back
Top Bottom