Urgent help needed Brown spots on Leather

Reaction score
Hi,

Noticed brown spots on my finger leather this week. Does anyone know what these are? I'm concerned that these may be signs of infection or a parasite.
picture.php

Your assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Flatworms. Not good. If they are only on your leather remove and dip in coral rx. For rest of system suck majority out with a siphon and look into flatworm exit. Some wrasses will also eat them.

Flatworms. Not good. If they are only on your leather remove and dip in coral rx. For rest of system suck majority out with a siphon and look into flatworm exit. Some wrasses will also eat them.

Good Day,

Treated my tank this past weekend with Salifert Exit. I used How to eliminate Flatworms (Red Planaria) | Melev's Reef as guidance and suggest anyone who suspects flatworm problems in their system, take the advice.

Noticed the flatworms going crazy in less than a minute after dosing with Flatworm Exit. I used the siphon technique as suggested. Picked off the buggers from the substrate as well as those incapacitated and floating in the water.

Two days later and everything looks fine. Thanks @NJH for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect. Glad to hear. Just keep an eye out for any survivors. Also keep an eye on your water parameters since there will be die-off from the ones you did not syphon out. Pehaps add some Seachem stability and some water changes just to make sure.

Perfect. Glad to hear. Just keep an eye out for any survivors. Also keep an eye on your water parameters since there will be die-off from the ones you did not syphon out. Pehaps add some Seachem stability and some water changes just to make sure.

Will probably do another dose in a months time to ensure there are no survivors. After I know water parameters are good.
Running carbon at the moment to absorb any toxins and also did a 10% water change.

Great. You seem to be on top of it. Just dip all new corals from now on.

Back
Top Bottom