[wtd] Broken or unwanted LED light

Won’t they just run at 1.5w when they get 350mA? Lots of the name brand lights like the Orphek bar have 3w chips, but their drivers are 300mA or 350mA?

I have guys with these OR bars which drivers have popped due to driver not handling the required current/load.

I would change the circuit to run MeanWell LDD700 drivers ( https://www.mantech.co.za/ProductInfo.aspx?Item=35M4688) which have an input voltage of up to 56V, I normally take the PSU out put voltage and divide by 3.2 to get the number of drivers required and wire this way, then one is sure the leds will not burn and the driver is not over strained.

OK perfect thank you, I will look into this in the morning, I would need to cut the current board as the circuit is integrated into it.

I have guys with these OR bars which drivers have popped due to driver not handling the required current/load.

Not too sure, I’ve run other no name light bars that have 3w chips on 350mA constant current driver for over a year now, as I understand a constant current driver is that it will always give a constant current as long as your LED’s are in the voltage range it is rated.

OK perfect thank you, I will look into this in the morning, I would need to cut the current board as the circuit is integrated into it.

So drivers, board and some led’s to change, might have worked out cheaper to order everything deconstructed from Led Select on BidorBuy.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom