Urgent help needed Broken Heater

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've just started my new tank this past weekend & it's bean cycling for the past 2 days.
I mistakenly broke my heater a few min ago. I've ordered a new one & a spare but they will only be delivered on Thursday.
What now? :eek:

I'm assuming the cycling process will slow down/stop because the temp will lower, is this ok? The current temp is 23.6C
It's a +/- 200 litre cube, I've got 15kg of Real Reef Live Rock & 27kg of Caribsea Live Sand in the tank.

Does anyone close to the Northcliff area have a spare heater I could borrow until Thursday?

where do you stay? why don't you pop into a pet store and buy one in the meantime? i live in Bassonia and have lots of spare heaters if you wanna come collect 1? will only be home after 8 this evening but you more than welcome to pop in!!

its shouldnt be an issue if there is no livestock, the cold water will increase the O2 but the cold temp will slow down the bacterial action only a little.

dont stress...

where do you stay? why don't you pop into a pet store and buy one in the meantime? i live in Bassonia and have lots of spare heaters if you wanna come collect 1? will only be home after 8 this evening but you more than welcome to pop in!!

I'm situated in Northcliff. Was gonna get one from LFS, but I've already ordered & paid for 2 more yesterday. Thanks for the offer! Really appreciate it, will let u know if I need one :thumbup:

then dont stress...

Back
Top Bottom