Bristleworm!!!

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by vinesh, 3 Aug 2011.

1. vinesh

vinesh

Hi, I am very new to this game. My tank is currently 7 weeks old. I managed to take a photograph of someithing, which my local pet shop identified as bristleworm. Having read some previous encounters on this site, I am now terrified to put my hands into the tank. Is there a way to get rid of them? I believe you can make a trap with some pvc pipping and end caps. What size hole do I drill into the end caps and what would be appropriate bait?

Also, the other day I noticed something stuck to the glass in the form of a spiral. When I attempted to remove it (this was before I saw the bristleworm!!!), it felt like mucous and broke into pieces. Its a pity I did not photograph it. Any ideas what this could be?

Other than that, tanks coming on well, got 2 cleaner shrimps, a few hermits and a few turbo snails.

Thank you

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tremayn

Tremayn

You dont have to worry about bristle worms, they are part of the clean up crew. You could get a wrasse that would eat them. If you get poked.. well it happens lol :) .. Welcome to the forum

Recent Posts