Brine pond

So did you basically just stick a container outside with salt water and brine shrimp in it? Are you feeding them? Really seems like an easy food source for both tropical and freshwater fry.

Thats basically it, the first packet I put in didn't do so well but since then its going great. I think it was becase there wasn't enough algae yet, now there is alot. I tried to take pics but they really didn't come out well. Good food source for fresh and marine in fact my wife's FW tank is one of the reasons I started it, as long as you remember they are not that nutritious so you shouldn't be feeding brine only.

What sort of algae are they eating? There is a shop near me that sells 75L containers for R40, so will be getting one of those this W-E. Then will get a packet of bs too.
Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:
Its just the algae that has grown on its own I think it may have come from the tank water I put in there its brown, maybe diatom. If you get a container try get one that is wider than it is high because if you don't have a pump the extra surface area will help oxygen get into the water.

One other thing I have heard some people saying they are sensitive to copper and chlorine so if you are using tap water you might wanna treat it with some drops first and if possible don't even use it just to stay on the cautious side, just do a big water change and use that.

Will have an airpump for some circulation. Most probably going to use rain water, as we have a jojo drum that collects run off.

Sounds good let me know how it goes.

About half the day its in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom