Brent's Cube

The tank is looking awesome.

What’s your alk and ca consumption a week? Must be quite a lot
Hey thanks @Henkie!

I am running my CaRX at pH 6.10 which seems to be the sweet spot, with 28ml/min going through the reactor. My dKH sits around 7.5 to 8, but sometimes spikes or dips by a bit more than that. The biggest tswing are always due to loadshedding. Becomes very problematic when electricity goes off.

Sheesh well done ! Really did a good job on that. Ties everything together nicely

FTS Friday with the new hood up. Going to battle to find the right color paint for this wall to cover up the crack filler...

Next plan is to save some bucks to to get another Hydra. I'd really like to rather keep the continuity of the light fixtures and have three hydras and then move the light bars across to the smaller tank. I really prefer not having different colors that don't mix well from the orpheks.

IMG_20220511_191257.jpg
IMG_20220511_191036.jpg
IMG_20220511_191451.jpg

Another update. I've slowed down drastically on my water changes now. I've found with my other two tanks and this one as well. Once a system reaches about1. 5yrs old one can tone back a but on water changes and activated carbon a bit. I still dose carbon but have gradually toned it back to around 200ml per 3 weeks or so. Obviously this isn't for new tanks, but things seem to work quite nicely as the tank matures. The biggest difference is in my zoas. Looking really healthy now that the tank is settled and maybe slightly dirtier.
IMG_20220603_172712.jpg
IMG_20220602_194722.jpg

I think there are areas that are definitely getting too much, but I think that's down to coral placement. I recon for the most part it's good. The crown is not getting enough flow now and I have already moved one of my green tenuis. Seems to be better, but ideally my tank needs to be another 10cm for those corals to be happy. It's also so dense with sticks that the tangs can't reach there, and the only spot of GHA in the tank is there and stubbornly wont go away. Hoping now with the open space the convict can get in there and klap it....

That's something I also found when I had my sps tank. I needed another 10-15cm so that the corals closest to the powerheads didn't get blasted away.

I'm sure the convict will get in there now that he has the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom