Brent's Cube

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint, but only got the tank into place this evening. Missing about 1mm on the left side near the end where I sanded a bit to much when making the cabinet. Going to have to add a bit of foam under the right side to level it off better. Luckily it's only about the last 2cm from the end, so it should be fine anyway, but will still level it more before filling the tank up to the level of the first hole. Hopefully I can get the overflow box done this week!

Loving the dimensions of the tank now that it's in its place!
Looks awesome. Congrats

Reaction score
My buddy at mikesigns in amanzimtoti cut some acrylic for me this am. I was hoping my design was correct and it all fit together nicely. The holes that HITECH safety glass cut were very accurate too, so kudos to them!

Dope. No reason now its not full by the weekend

Reaction score
So what you are actually saying is.. Now I need more coral! Don't you just love upgrades. Perfect opportunity to get that super ultra coral you've always wanted :whistling:
When you upgrading then :lol::lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Baz

Baz

Reaction score
My buddy at mikesigns in amanzimtoti cut some acrylic for me this am. I was hoping my design was correct and it all fit together nicely. The holes that HITECH safety glass cut were very accurate too, so kudos to them!

Looks great Bud, you sure the bottom left hole will fit a bulkhead nut when the box is glued together? Look really tight

Reaction score
No, not if I cut one of the corners of the nut. Going to have to be careful it seals properly! Otherwise I'll have to cut another box
Ah @Baz, the truth hurts ay:m29::m24: I didn't leave enough gap. I could probably make it work but it wouldn't be easy or the proper way to go. Edited the file and having another box cut this week:m28::m28:

Last edited:

Baz

Reaction score
Ah @Baz, the truth hurts ay:m29::m24: I didn't leave enough gap. I could probably make it work but it wouldn't be easy or the proper way to go. Edited the file and having another box cut this week:m28::m28:
Ahw man... Yeah well atleast the tank is dry so you can correct it now. It happens :m16:

Reaction score
So here's a photo for you wolves :lol: :m23:

I filled the tank to half way on Sunday night just to get the polystyrene base to settle out the bumps etc. Before I fill it right up.

It's currently sitting at 20cm of approx 36.5 - 37cm total depth depending how much flow will be going over the weir into the overflow box.

Just waiting for the new box to be cut sometime today or tomorrow, then I can plumb it all in and get the cycle going.

The rock has been sitting in seawater for a couple months already, but it will need some time to complete another smaller cycle I am sure. Hopefully it'll only be another few months before coral can go into the system!

Last edited:
Reaction score
K finally have the plumbing and the rest done! I'm currently doing the pressure test and with my heart in my throat:m28::m28::m28:

All the plumbing is done and I am going to do the leak test on that next (tomorrow or tuesday) if all goes well over the next day or so.

After that's all done I am going to get an abs sheet cut for the back pane. Think I'll go with black, but also keen to try white as well as I've seen a few tanks in white that look amazing!

Then the salt can go in and then the live rock!

Getting somewhere!

Top Bottom