Breeding set-up:for both benthic egg-layers like clowns as well as coral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so I am selling off my fish and coral farm...this is what is available...

12 X Brood-Stock Tanks (100l): place to hold 24 pairs of benthic egg-layers like clownfish or damsels.
4 X Coral propagation tanks (2000x600x300)
Skimmer
Electronic controller that controls the entire system
Metal halides (3x 70w 2x 150w plus about 10 MH ballasts + starter gear), T8s
16 000l/hr return pump
5 x poly-culture tanks + all the live food to breed clownfish (nanochloropsis and rotifers),
Grow-out tank (1000litre)
4 x larvae tanks
Extras:
Water transport containers:
1x 1000l
4x 220l
Extra tanks:
1 x extra coral prop tank 2000x500x350
3 x extra brood-stock tanks
10 x brood-stock tanks with drilled bottoms for overflows (glass only, still need to be built)
And still loads of other extra goodies I’ve collected over the years
And Ill provide all the information you need to get started
The price is negotiable depending on how much of the extras etc come with the system...I am wanting to sell the system as a whole...This is a business that can potentially earn a lot of money (approximately R30 000 a month from the fish culture alone)...I however do not have the time to do this..I will be leaving towards the end of the year and will just not be able to keep the system running...
Price R32000 neg

DSC_00742.jpg

Reaction score
Ooo..Thats a dificult one...I dont think ill sell that seperately..sorry scubaninja

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Nosaj - just some advice - from what I have seen of experience....
Most folks are mostly not in the market to purchase anything as a whole.
You might want to start thinking of individual prices. Believe me - many guys have tried. They all ended up selling seperately.
I know that this is an administrative nightmare.
Also - this being a national site - perhaps you should think of shipping/costs as well....

Good luck with selling this. I hope that you get what you want and sell it quick enough....
Be prepared to have patience. In today's climate these things tend not to fly off so quick as in other times.....

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
It's quite a setup there but I think you will struggle as not too many people have the space or 32k to spare... I hope someone does "take over" though...

Quinton

Smarty-pants Newbie
Reaction score
It breaks my heart to see this setup sold off in pieces. I'd be dead keen, but as Rory says, both space and cashflow are an issue. Anyone in Cape Town want to form some sort of syndicate to buy this lot up? I'd be dead keen to put in some money (not all of it), but I don't have the space.

Reaction score
Quinton..Speak to Jaak as he was originally going to purchase this system from me but due to a other issues couldnt do it...I know he will be keen...PM him...

Reaction score
ok this is the stuff im willing to sell off seperately for now..
Water transport containers:
1x 1000l
4x 220l
Extra tanks:
1 x extra coral prop tank 2000x500x350
3 x extra brood-stock tanks
10 x brood-stock tanks with drilled bottoms for overflows (glass only, still need to be built)
And still loads of other extra goodies I’ve collected over the years like I have 10 or more MH ballasts..mixed between 70 and 150w
I have one hanging pendent style 150w MH
I got one boyu nano
one DIY chiller for smaller systems
and ill update when I remember all the stuff I have lying around...

Reaction score
lIghty: I am willing..I did however shut down my cultures untill someone bought the system then i would get them starter cultures..If you can organise the shipping im sure ill be able to send you some starter cultures...R200 for the nano and R150 for the rots ex shipping..

Quinton: I made the chiller for the first system that I setup..it is basically a stainless steel "coil" that is covered in thin plastic as not to make contact with the water that sits directly in the sump..the control gear i have not yet attached but i do have the thermister to switch it on and off at the correct temp...so ill sell it off as is for R400 ex control gear..add R100 for gear..

Reaction score
ok the coral prop tank is going for R500 it doesnt come with a stand though..its on a old kitchen cubord of mine he he he..

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
Nosaj, Can you maybe give me prices on the MH's? And what type of reflectors and bulbs are on them? Might be looking for 2x150w with good reflectors and newish bulbs (maybe the hanging pendant as one of the two).

Also the price on the Boyu nano please, is it a TL450 or 550? Don't know how practical shipping on this will be though...

Status
Not open for further replies.