Brand new member!

Reaction score
Ok! it is more for my 9 year old boy, but dad needs too help him.

First question: Is this Forum for Tropical tank junkies too? :)

Ok We have put the sand, filter, heater, plants, decoration, "thermostat" and all drops in too the tank, the water is nice and clean, we even have a light, we did all this on Saturday (16/01/2010).

Ok now from here on we need advice: I know the temp/ must be 25/26deg.C.
when can we buy the fish? What type of fish? what else do we need? Do we need more air in the water.

What's the deference between Mariner and Tropical tank's? I think Mariner Salt tropical 26 deg.C water, not cold water, cold water is for goldfish??????:whistling:

And if this fish tank looks good....................
dad may have too buy him a Big Tank. :yeahdude:

Advice please people,....i will appreciate all the help i can get.

So by the way i stay in the "East Rand". I bought my stuff from i think it is called Exotic pets in Boksburg. Trichard Road.

Firstly Welcome To MASA - dont worry we all make excuses that its for someone else but once you hooked you never be sorry - Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask as many qeuestions as possible - Firstly the shop you bought the goodies from is breathtaking - prices on some things a little too high but the range they have is awesome.... But you do get some bargains - shop around here in the classifieds as well or on some of our sponsors sites - sometimes pays to shop around! Why not join the reef club in jhb then you can meet up with fellow reefers and they can point you in the right direction - what equipment do you have so far? Tank size and what are you planning to keep?

just starting

Hi all. Hubby and me started about 3 month ago with his tanks. We are still trying to get the water right, we are having trouble with whitespots. Our friend said we should hang a copper ball in the tank it would work, will it work?

I would like to know where is the best place to go snorkelling in Port Elizabeth. If anybody knows about nice spots please send me a mail.

Thank you

Hi Petra Welcome to MASA - plz start another thread in the new members section then everyone can get to welcome you properly and help you get on your feet - Copper ball can work if you plan on never ever in your life having corals and inverts like shrimp and things - in other words a fish only tank - so our advice don't do - very toxic to some creatures of the sea! Whitespot is usually brought upon when fish stress and are being bothered or not living a comfortable life so you need to start your own thread and we can help you along....

Back
Top Bottom