boyu

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by saayman, 26 Dec 2012.

1. saayman

saayman

Hi guys, i finally managed to get a boyu tl450 marine tank.
    Now, how do i set it up? Im new to this and cant wait to get the tank started. Im clueless when it comes to marine tanks. I have a big fresh water tank but decided to start a new hobby. How do i go about this? Then also it came with a skimmer. do I need to buy a chiller aswell? I basically want to grow coral and do the nemo tenk. Plz can anyone help?:blush:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

You really have to do a lot of reading when it comes to small tanks...;)..it's a steep learning curve...:eek:...I'm sitting with the TL-450...the BIGGEST problem is heat...depending on the wallet...either Chiller or if you want to keep the clean "plug-and-play" look, then I'll say get LED's and remove the Tubes...so depending where you are...you'r heat issue could basically be sorted out...:p..then evaporation..:eek:...my word can you'r water level drop any faster than in a Nano..:005:..that just creates HAVOC with the Water Parameters...YIP...got to learn to test for that too...:biggrin:

Here is a short "Beginners Guide"...:005:

Newbie INFO..
    Starting With Marines - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    Starting a Marine tank - What to buy first - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    Starting a Marine Tank - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    New to Marines- Please listen!!!!!!!!!! - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Most Important..."THE CYCLE"...
    Marine Aquarium Cycle - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Livestock...
    Your First Marine Invertebrates - Choosing a Clean up crew - CUC - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    Easy Soft Corals For Your Reef Tank - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    Your First Hard Corals: LPS Hard Corals - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=17027
    http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?t=2926

Water Parameters
    Ideal Water Parameters - Marine Aquariums of South Africa
    What to test for and why - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

PS..Make sure the LFS sells you the right size Aragonite...(my 2rd Noob mistake..:blush:, I didn't know about the different sizes..)..mine is too large and now I can't even house a "Goby" in my Tank...:(

4. keegz001

keegz001

its not as easy as freshwater and the fish/coral isnt nearly as forgiving algea is the first thing that will make u asked why i started this tank u get tons of algea and some u need a blade to get off and there are tones of "nemos" start with the more forgiving fish chromis,damsels (very terretorial horrible fish in my opinion) and occelaris clowns but cycling doesnt take a week like freshwater it can take a month or more to cycle but before u even add water u will wonder aquascape now that took me ages to decide on there are tons of websites and @belindamotion has supplied you with most of them :D so read and no shortcuts!

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. saayman

saayman Thread Starter

boyu tl 450 is a stunning little tank, but marine tanks do require alot of time and effort.

Recent Posts