BOYU TL550 help please

Check when you remove the skimmer that the top lip of the skimmer body is not hooked on the rim of the tank, I had some issues with that when removing mine otherwise it should slide out easily

Check when you remove the skimmer that the top lip of the skimmer body is not hooked on the rim of the tank, I had some issues with that when removing mine otherwise it should slide out easily

O yes just as you explained is what im experiencing :-(

The rim is blocking it from coming out

Yip got it out just cleaned it .

just want to know does all four chambers need to be filled with water till like the top ? Bcz i noticed when i filled the tank up the skimmer pumps water to slow to the next chamber as skimmer is in the second chamber and the return pump ,pumps the water abit kwik out the chamber .

They way the back compartments are designed if the water level is low it will show in those last two chambers even though the water level will look virtually unaffected in the display tank. If the last two chambers are low you just need to top it up with more water. Also the water levels in your chambers will drop daily so you need to top it up with RO water once or twice a week depending on the evaporation.

Its not an issue with the flow from your skimmer, I also thought that was the problem but the solution is far more simpler. Just top up

Ok cool so thankful for you guys help .now i need to get 130 liters of salt water i see my one pl bulb not working have to change that now and i think i need to add more moonlight

No problem. I'm thinking of upgrading to LEDs it works out cheaper in the long run without having to replaced old or broken tubes. Maybe you should consider it

Yip i did but a diy will have to be done the boyu tl550 led hood i got a quote for 2200 almost a price of a new tank

They way the back compartments are designed if the water level is low it will show in those last two chambers even though the water level will look virtually unaffected in the display tank. If the last two chambers are low you just need to top it up with more water. Also the water levels in your chambers will drop daily so you need to top it up with RO water once or twice a week depending on the evaporation.

Its not an issue with the flow from your skimmer, I also thought that was the problem but the solution is far more simpler. Just top up

Yip this is true the last two will run dry but the DT will not be affected. So just top the last two up.

what im gona do is to fill the DT and all the chambers full ?what you guys think dont want it to flood my place once i put the pump on , and then there after with evaporation i will do top ups .

i need a PL Lights my one gave up so i have only one working and moonlights

Put the pumps on and then fill up. Till the last chamber is kinda level. I find that if the pumps are off the levels drop a bit so it looks like it's full when it's actually not. And you don't need to worry to much about flooding don't think it's very much possible with the way the tank is set up.

:thumbup:
this weekend i will be filing it up gona do the scaping tomorrow

Any one know where i can get these globes locally (JHB) ?

PL 24w 10000K white and blue

image.jpg

Just set up the tank filled water but i see the spraybar moves the gravel at the bottom any one else has the same problem

I removed my spray bar, it helps with the surface skimming if you point it to the the surface of the water and in the direction of then inlet for the filters. But what if have noticed is the spray bar restricts the flow of the return pump in make this return pump more noisy. I have sorted my surface skimming out by making sure my wave makers creates a lot surface movement as well.

Yip i was thinking of removing the spraybar. But concern of circulation at the moment spraybar pushes whatever is at the bottom up removing spraybar will it still have same effect ?

My pump is noisey already and it abit annoying is it possible to make it more silent

Back
Top Bottom