Boyu TL-550

Discussion in 'New Members' started by rudivh, 11 Apr 2010.

1. rudivh

rudivh

Good day

I bought a marine aquarium, model nr TL-550. There are no instructions in the box on how the pumps and the filters must be set up. Can someone please explain.

There are 4 compartments at the back of the tank. On the left there are a pump and filter that is fixed to the tank that I cannot move. The next one is where the heater comes in according to the box. In the 3rd compartment is the 4 bags of ceramic beads, and the round balls, and in the 4th (right hand side) compartment is where the skimmer comes in and the sponge filter. I am not sure if the sponge filter must come in another compartment. I am also not sure how the skimmer must be installed and where and how the pipe must go that is on the skimmer.

Can you also explain the use of the skimmer and what it does?

Thank you

Rudi

2. Guest

3. Tremayn

Tremayn

Hey Rudi. Dont worry someone with the same tank will sort you out.. If not then just check the forums, there are alot of people with the 550 ;) .. the skimmer i believe put simply removes nutrients and other kak from the water. Super important :thumbup:

4. OP
    rudivh

rudivh

Thank you very much. I just need to know where it all should go an where the skimmer should be placed and how deep in the water and all that stuff. New to this thing so there is a lot to learn!!! Cant wait till the water and stuff is right that i can start getting the coral and fish!!!

5. Tremayn

Tremayn

Im also learning! but u came to the right place! the MASA guys will sort u out yo!

6. Tremayn

Tremayn

7. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

hi and welcome rudi, its a bit late but be sure to check the thread again in the morning, someone will definately be able to sort you out.

8. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Hi and welcome to MASA

9. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA, Rudi. Great to have you on-board!

Unfortunately, I have not had a nano tank before, so cannot comment on the nano tank setup. Someone who has indeed had one, should be online soon - so, in line with the rest of the hobby: just be patient! ;)

10. OP
    rudivh

rudivh

Thank you for all the replies and it is really a exiting new hobby!!!

Another question i have, is how do i know when the water is ready for fish, and what kind of testing kit do i need to test the water and what is the factors i need to look out for? I only started yesterday, so the people told me the water must run for 4 weeks before i put in any coral, and another 2 weeks before i can get any fish. I can put here what i put in the water so far if it will help....

Tetra - Marine SafeStart - about 80 ml
    Red Sea Salt, 2 KG
    Aragonite sand, 40lb(18,18kg)

This is all the guy told me i need for now.

Thank you

11. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Hi there, welcome to MASA if I missed you. I think you need to read the link in my signature - there you'll find most of the answers on setting up a marine tank, the cycle,etc.
    If you need anything, give Lanzo from Dorry Pets a shout - he's one of our sponsors and also in PTA :)

12. Tremayn

Tremayn

Well you have to cycle the tank and that may take a few weeks or a few months! If you can get some really good live rock or borrow a rock fro an established tank or even get some live sand from an established tank this will speed it up

Recent Posts