Urgent help needed boyu tank troubles

Reaction score
hi guys
I bought a boyu tl450 tank about two years ago and have had endless trouble with it the first thing is the Perspex light shield cracked after about 6 months which I was not too fazed about, then about two months later my heater broke which was easy to replace. but now my tank is leaking badly losing a lot of water. my question is surely these tanks are suppose to last longer than two years, who do I contact for this or how do I go about this its standing empty at the moment and a pet shop is keeping my fish. please help me as urgent as possible. thanks so much to all

went to vip pet store in northgate and they sorted me out. must say they really helpful and great service will def carry on shopping there

Sorry to bring up an old thread i need some help with my boyu TL550 and the Fr glass cracked on the curved part and it like a month after 2 years and the LFS that i got it from wont help is there any other way or higher place i can get in contact with maby.

you are a bit stuck between rock and hard place...

The TL550 do not crack that easily as compared to other bigger curved tanks. But can happen. Best and quickest option is to check the for sale section for a cheap secondhand. You do not need all the extra equipment but nothing wrong with extra equipment either.

Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Haha i know this and im sure boyu has some sort of customer supplier system that we could call for assistance .

I had the same problem, mine cracked about 2 months back... There is no warrantee guarantee on these products as told by few lfs, if you have issues within 6months some even a year they will swap out or repair the issue. Most of these tanks goes through many reefers hands and during transport or cleaning or man handling the tank something can go wrong in the near future. I know if you are a regular client some will sort you out but this all depend on the lfs you bought it from and also still have the original invoice...

@RiaanP's advice is the best option unfortunately

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to get a tank asap, didn't wanna loose any LS, can be stress full. Try getting a tank on the for sale section or its upgrade time :)

Back
Top Bottom