boyu intermited switch

Reaction score
hey guys just want to know if anybody has used one of these
Boyu_JX_10_Inter_4874ec2044b3a.jpg

on sun sun pumps
will it work
just need random flow and on a budget

They dont work very well at all. I have tried it and the pumps vibrate too much and dont always start. The noise will drive you nuts

Ps multi directional flow is not all it is cut out to be,and is not essential. Constant water movement is the next,best thing to variable flow and corals do well in it. The most important thing is to have a particle of food move eight cm a second. This is the amount of flow needed

Hi,
I used that switch with two sunsun pumps for close to a year, one pump running for 5min and the other about 20min.
Had to replace both the sunsun pumps at some stage, started with two 3000l/h pumps and when replacing went for 3000l/h and a 5000l/h.
when the last two sunsun pumps failed I replaced with two seio pumps, these i used slightly different in that one pump ran permanantly and the other came on for 5min every 20min or so.
My opinion is:
sunsun dont last if you switch them on-off all the time, all four i had started turning in the wrong direction or stopped turning on completeley.
did not use the seio's long enough to be able to say anything on them in this situation.
The switch never gave any problems, only issue was that the time delay you can dial in with the two knobs is not the same when set to the same position and the time delay also differ whenr you have one or two pumps pluged in, but these issues you sort out with some experimentation.

Cycling of electric pumps

Electric motors hate being cycled. Instead let the pump run continuously and use two Hunter irrigation valves and a cheap cyclic timer.

Works well with the boyu pumps, sunsun pumps do not like being switch on and off, the break. Only downfall it has a ticking noise when it switches, tick tick tick drove me crazy

Split the outlet of your sump recycle pump in two lines each with an electro hydraulic Saunders valve. Connect the one valve to the normal close contact and the other to the normal open, as the timer cycle the water stream can then be diverted to give the flow surge that you want.

Ok, i thought you were talking about using them in the tank.
Wont you need a huge return pump to operate those valves?

Back
Top Bottom