Boxing shrimps bothering anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by danimal, 31 Aug 2010.

1. danimal

danimal

Hey guys

Had my doreensis anemone for about a month now, and it seems to be doing well, opening up nicely and had improved its colour somewhat. However I notice that my coral banded shrimps bother it a lot. When feeding, I've learnt to ensure that the shrimps have some food before I give the nemmie, otherwise they steal its food. Yet I often find them walking all over it and irritating it, even when there is no food.

Should I be concerned about this? If it comes down to a showdown between the two I'm not sure which I will choose.... :(

Cheers

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. danimal

danimal Thread Starter

4. scubaninja

scubaninja

If this continues one of the two will have to go. If they go over it when there is no food unfortunately there isnt a lot you can do. You not have clowns? My clown wacks anything that come close to the nennie. Including my hand when its on the other side of the tank.:whistling:

5. danimal

danimal Thread Starter

i got clowns, but they're not in least interested in the nemmie. if anyone comes near my frogspawn, however.... :nono:

6. scubaninja

scubaninja

Ya well. Then you need to make the choice. I have 2fire shrimp and a boxer and neither bother either of my nennies.

7. danimal

danimal Thread Starter

dammit! hahaha

8. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I don't think there's anything to worry about, my two cleaner shrimps walk all over my anemone all the time, everybody's happy.

9. scubaninja

scubaninja

Dean the 'hooks' on the shrimp that they use to cling to rocks can sometimes damage the anemone. Its better to avoid that. Or the nennie may eat the shrimp some time. Either loss is not good
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Anemone

Anemone

Shrimp can injure anemones by digging in their mouth looking for food.

11. magman

magman

when I first started, my first 2 corals were anenomes, a bubble tip with a hard base, and a carpet (carpet is easy to id). Carpet never had a problem feeding, would always close up, but the bubble tip I had a big problem with........every time I fed it, it would take too long to eat, or the food would not stick, and then the little blue crayfish would come and steal it and walk all over it. I did not know what to do, as it was not getting any food, I took pics and sent it off, the reply I got was "nice frogspawn"...........Danimal, have you got pics of the nemmie?

Maybe try a net over or around the nemmie, especially if the boxers are scared of it.

Recent Posts