Borehole/Groundwater

Reaction score
With water restrictions already being implemented in KZN due to the droughts , I would like to know if borehole water can be used as an alternate source to RO water ?

Last edited:
You can use it provided it goes through your RO unit. Borehole water is unfiltered/untreated so who knows what is in it.

only if treated through a ro......and even then knowing boreholes around dbn.....
your ro membrane will take a beating.

no way would we suggest you use borehole water straight into the marine aquarium

Last edited:
We have borehole in Jhb it goes down 100m I have tested the tds and it get a constant 54 tds which allot better then municipal water which is @ 120-140 tds in our area

In the middle of summer the borehole water coming out is almost freezing as it comes from so deep down

Last edited:
We have borehole in Jhb it goes down 100m I have tested the tds and it get a constant 54 tds which allot better then municipal water which is @ 120-140 tds in our area

In the middle of summer the borehole water coming out is almost freezing as it comes from so deep down

i can believe that.......there are some amazing boreholes...and some not so amazing

but even the amazing ones cannot be used straight into a marine aquarium.

closer to the coast, we have done boreholes that for a few years were amazing to....then they all of a sudden turned brackish making the filtration of the water highly expensive as brack water ro systems gets expensive and if it gets too brack.....then one turns to desalination....and thats just a crazy time for spending money per litre water

Back
Top Bottom