Bolted Aquarium Stand

Reaction score
Hello all,
I currently have a 1500x550x650mm tank without a suitable stand, I am therefore planning on constructing my own this summer.
Does anyone have any advice or guidance pertaining to a stand design that consists of mainly bolted joints as I will have to transport the stand by means of a small hatchback vehicle... Welding the entire thing together is therefore off the cards unfortunately.
All help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

you can use wood too? i have use used it and its fine.

with bolts you will need to be 100% that everything is straight and level, as sheer forces can snap bolts etc, thats my assumption

i did bolt 2 small stands to make one large 2500x1000 stand and had no issues

I got a little tank on a bolted stand.
But it is a small tank and issues being absolutely straight would not be a problem as in a 500L system. Whole frame can be taken apart and will fit in a car boot.
IMG_4158_zpsajja0mow.jpg

on your size system, I would make the top part one section. All welded together. The legs and supporting cross members can all bolt onto the system.

The legs should fit in under the top frame. And should not bolt onto it from the sides. So that all downward pressure is directly on top of the leg and not via a bolt. Almost as in my picture above. The bottom frame is not what you should do where all the weight is carried by the supporting braces.

There is a big difference in supporting 100Kg VS 500+KG

So I ended up making a stand out of pallets! I used some plywood to give it a more sleek finish. I also decided to expose the bottom pallets just to show some of it's true character.

DSC_0462.JPG

I will stub my toes every day...

Back
Top Bottom