Bobby's marine tank

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a spearo and fisherman and been lived on the coast my whole life, I always wanted a marine tank and had a few tanks when I was younger and bread Discus, but now I'm really giving it a full go at marines,the idea was to collect my own fish only but you know how it goes,so I a few extras. but mostly the tanks is DIY and is now 6 months old ill post the pics of my progress so far

look forward to your comments!

Reaction score
I got some frags from a mate and placed them in the tank waited for them to grow

20141212_154414.jpg

Reaction score
Ok this is where I am at, lost one sliver streak goldie jumped out the tank, lost a elagance coral no idea why just closed and died. and battling with a bit of GHA, but loving it.

20150513_154530.jpg

Reaction score
I have a skimmer( no idea what the rating is but does a fanatic job) with a DIY conversion on a 2ft std tank with live rock and a return pump and I have active carbon. Internal can filter and a wave maker. I am currently doing 10% water change once a week trying to get my GHA under control.

RiaanP

Reaction score
see if you can get yourself a couple of nerita snails. All local. About 8 to 10 would do it. If you collect from the rockpools, they will climb out the first 2 or 3 months. Especially during full moon. Just put them back and if you see one on its back, help it up directly. They can fall prey to hermits if you leave them upside down.

Reaction score
Looking very nice, you guys staying close to semi-tropical shores are so lucky. Post some pice of your lights, filtration etc.

Reaction score
Looking good what size tank is this? Also what fish is that with the in your second pic?
Its Dutoiti dottyback, apparently very agresive towards other fish. my one is a supper chilled had it for over a year now. My tank is an 800mm square

Reaction score
see if you can get yourself a couple of nerita snails. All local. About 8 to 10 would do it. If you collect from the rockpools, they will climb out the first 2 or 3 months. Especially during full moon. Just put them back and if you see one on its back, help it up directly. They can fall prey to hermits if you leave them upside down.
Thanks Bud ill go get some this evening on the low tide.

Top Bottom