blue throat trigger...must they be in pairs?

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by 4age, 24 May 2013.

1. 4age

4age

hi guys

I can maybe get a male blue throat trigger...must these fish be kept in pairs, and will the male lose color if there is no female?

also want to know if i will have problems keeping it with a niger trigger...otherwise the niger trigger will have to find a new home...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

u can keep it by himself but he will lose some of his colour, i dont see any reason why you cant keep the 2 fish. But then all fish are different and if your niger decides to go crazy then its just ur luck

4. Ikraam

Ikraam

hey u can keep only the male but if you c the diff in colouration u will get a female

5. mytank

mytank

The difference in color because of a female is a myth. You get three different variations of color:

1. His normal color
    2. His courting color
    3. His breeding color

His normal color still has a blue throat (mine has all his colors and I don't have a female)

His courting color only lasts while he is courting a female and of course the breeding color whist they breeding both of which are temp.

Color also has to do with fish health and "happiness" feeding good variety of foods and good quality food plays a big role in fish color (just like in humans).

They Are magnificent fish my fav in my tank. Mine gets mostly imported pellets that I get as I don't like the local selection of products. Once a week I feed him some prawn and he get or rather steals the anemone lance fish sometimes.

Be careful as any trigger is clumsy and glutinous. So if you have passive tank mates he might over power them for food.

Personality wise you don't get anything with more personality, mine bites me(in a playful manner) but allows the GF to rub his tummy scratch his back etc.

It's really like a underwater dog.

6. 4age

4age Thread Starter

so im gona take the trigger.i always like these n sargassum triggers which I definitely want to get as well

7. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

I'd go for it...it's an awesome fish.

Recent Posts