Blue Face Trigger Reef Safe ?

Reaction score
Hi Guys - Just bought a blue face trigger - I couldn't resist. I did some research before hand and saw so many conflicting stories about it being reef safe. Most reports however report it as such. Anyone had any experience with it in a reef. I have it in hyposalinity in quarantine like i alway do. It will be there for 6 weeks or so until I am absolutely sure its healthy and until i am able to bring salinity back up to normal levels slowly.

Besides a large aray of corals I have shrimp in my setup ? - what do you giys think ?

Will take a pic tommorrow.

Pics s promised

Managed to get a pic after the fellow made an apearence near the front of the quarantine tank.

1392494963ff3ecd8.jpg

I have had no problems with mine even with the smaller fish or shrimps, this is probably the most reef safe trigger. Having said this remember all fish are individuals and there may be the one or two that dont behave like they are supposed to. Stunning fish for a system, i would say go for it.

I have seen the odd one in a reef set up, but that is not very often. Even tried one myself once but didn't work. If you do try a clown just make sure you have a plan to remove him if necessary

Clown Trigger Aggresive sob

I had one a few years back - And oh my god what a "gangster":pissedoff:. He never let me introduce anything new once he became king. I know for a fact that its not reef safe. I eventually sold it and have avoided it every since :no:

I am itching to get a clown trigger. Whats you guys take on them. Sorry for the hijack...
I got mines as a Juvi. He behaves himself. Now and then he might just attack my fingers. But it does have an awsome charctor. Very greedy fish though. The best way to keep these fish of your corals, inverts and small fish, is to feed them well.

I would love one but will outgrow my tank easily and im a bit scared of overfeeding

I would love one but will outgrow my tank easily and im a bit scared of overfeeding
What size is your tank Keyaam?
The idea is not to over feed, but feed enough that the fish will consume in under 5 minutes. Over feeding is when there is uneaten food.

Last edited:
how reef safe is the blue face/blue cheek trigger with small shrimps and small fish like the fire goby, etc?

mine when first add tried bitting on my shrimps feelers, but my his fine he did kill one newly add flame goby and two fire gobies

Got a juvi female in with Peppermints and 4 Scissortails. No issues

male BT is cool with small gobies,not havin an issue in my DT.

anybody know where i can get a female,and is it ok to add it after the male is already established in the DT?

Back
Top Bottom