Blue back ground??

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry I’m new to marine...I just wanted to find out how does everyone get the blue look at the back for their tanks??? I saw this at the lfs the another day but forgot to ask how they did it

Was looking at making the back of my tank the same as this blue

Please help?

BD4FE13E-AE99-46E0-935E-ADE033C753D6.jpeg

@Miks786 . You can use vinyl sticker. The stuff they use to print on advertising boards. You can get it from maizeys plastic or any graphic design shop. Its cheap and easy to apply. Clean the back glass thoroughly, take a glass of water with a drop or 2 dish washing liquid. Wet the glass, peel the vinyl and just put in onto the glass. The soapy solution help to move and position the vinyl. U can use a credit card to scrape the vinyl so that you remove the water and air bubbles from underneath. Get most of the water out and leave it to dry.

Tip : Don't try and cut the exact size of the back glass panel. Let it overlap on all sides. When its on use a stanley blade and just run it along the edges cutting of the excess.

Last edited:
Or just use ABS sheet, 1.6mm
Nice and thick enough to stand upright almost on its own.

Note that blue looks very nice. Also in photo with fish against blue background. As long as the back is clean. Rather go black and let the algae grow on the back panel as extra feeding space for snails and tangs.

@Miks786 . You can use vinyl sticker. The stuff they use to print on advertising boards. You can get it from maizeys plastic or any graphic design shop. Its cheap and easy to apply. Clean the back glass thoroughly, take a glass of water with a drop or 2 dish washing liquid. Wet the glass, peel the vinyl and just put in onto the glass. The soapy solution help to move and position the vinyl. U can use a credit card to scrape the vinyl so that you remove the water and air bubbles from underneath. Get most of the water out and leave it to dry.

Tip : Don't try and cut the exact size of the back glass panel. Let it overlap on all sides. When its on use a stanley blade and just run it along the edges cutting of the excess.

+1 cheap, great finish easy to put on if you take your time, easy to take off and replace with pink on woman’s day. think they sell in 600mm width and you pay per meter something like 20 bucks?

I went for black but I feel blue is a better contrast most likely change soon

Back
Top Bottom