Black Bean

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A very WARM WELCOME to MASA, Daniel! I am very glad that you gound us and joined MASA! Great to have you on-board!

What information would you like, Daniel? Please elaborate? In this way we can assist you better?

Also - what tank do you have? Could you please give us more specifications? ie. size? water volume? amount of live rock? filtration system? lighting? water flow? etc.

Generically - the pygmy angels require huge amounts of live rock, as they like to swim in and out of the little "caves" formed by the live rock. They then hunt the tiny micro fauna (tiny micro stars, amphipods, copepods, worms, and other tiny crustaceans, that breed in the live rock.....

The water flow should be moderate to strong - while being quite turbulent - exactly like what they would experience in their own territory - the sea and reefs....

Please post some pictures of your tank and other life stock, as well as hardware, ie. sump/skimmer/pumps/lighting, etc....

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to MASA, enjoy your stay with us. Don't be shy to share pics of your setup :)

Reaction score
Ive never heard the multispined angel called a black bean before;) but there is a first time for everything. The multispined angel is pretty docile, as with all angels you will have a 50-50 chance of it nipping on corals but if he is happy and fed he may curb his hunger and leave everything pretty well alone:) i had a yellow fin angel which is basically a multispined angel except that its side fins(pectoral i think) are bright yellow. very nice fish, as jb said, they need lots of hiding spaces, the more comfortable they feel the more you will see them:) Do you currently have any other angels?

Reaction score
hello danile:)

great to see you found us on MASA:) dwarf angkles are some of my favorite fish, although i am not sure about the fella you are asking.

perhaps with a little more background on the tank you have, what else is in there, the tank size etc we will be able to help you with general aspects of dwarf angels?

also if you can post a pic of the fish I would LOVE to see it:)

Reaction score
also seems to come up as a blue fin angel fish, although its vague at best. the sources i read say its an aglae eater predominatley, and suited to smaller tanks of around 120l or bigger, but lots of LR essencial for refuge and grazing.

50 50 chance of corral and clam nipping

Reaction score
Centropyge multispinis is a very cool dwarf angel. Very similar in behaviour to the Red stripe and Coral beauty.