Birdsnest bleaching

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
guys i am actually a bit over this whole thing at the moment but cant handle seeing my corals suffer...

for no apparent reason my birdsnest coral that was doing so well just bleached over two days... i have a feeling it has something to do with the temp but cant even hook my chiller up because of the disputes i am having with my landlord as to whats fair to pay.. and to be honest i am actually considering selling untill i get to a stage where i can do this properly again...

so for those of you who can offer advice

my nitrite and nitrate are 0
alk 2.8+ (red sea test)
ph 8.3 /8.4 (red sea test)
phos not checked but assume there is a slight reading
salanity 1022
havent checked cal but assume its around 500ppm
temp constant 30 degrees

there is obviously a nutrient problem as alot of my stuff is going brown although i feed minimally these days due to lack of time.

top up water is R.O.

still clean skimmer every 3 days 1/4 full of thick skimmate and it works better if i clean it more frequently..

did a water change 2 weeks ago doing another this weekend...

lemme know what i should look out for ..

les

Les what temp has you tank been hitting ?

And your KH ?

Oops sorry missed the temp at the bottom.

Agree with Sunburst, over 30 is lethal to SPS.

you running a chiller Les?

i have a feeling it has something to do with the temp but cant even hook my chiller up because of the disputes i am having with my landlord as to whats fair to pay.. and to be honest i am actually considering selling untill i get to a stage where i can do this properly again..
Speed reading again Mekaeel.

Turn off your lights off an open your canopy this will help cool it down also jusy blpwing a large fan vwe the water surface will bring the temp dow a lot

Back
Top Bottom