Urgent help needed Bio Pellets Gelling Up

Toolboysa

Reaction score
I would assume it due to lack of flow, as the rubbing removes the bacterial film that grows on them

Reaction score
You need a reactor which will fluidise the pellets. If you have insufficient flow the bacteria needed to reduce your nitrates and phosphates will not take hold

Reaction score
I am using the reef Octopus 800 that comes with its own pump but upgraded the pump to a sicce which is much much stronger ! The pellets churn really well actually too fast but occasionally still gell up. Was wondering if maybe the NOPOX which I occasionally use could be the problem, like vodka or vinegar?

Reaction score
Very strange. You need an adjustable valve to control the flow properly. Nopox is not something that should be used once in a while. You need to start and continue or not at all. Bacteria stability in your tank can have serious repercussions on your live stock and coral. You absolutely need to test your nitrate and phosphate to establish your nopox dosage too.

Reaction score
Haven't used no pox since I put new pellets in the reactor . The sicce I have on there now is Much stronger than the original one but they still gel up!?

butcherman

Reaction score
I am using the reef Octopus 800 that comes with its own pump but upgraded the pump to a sicce which is much much stronger ! The pellets churn really well actually too fast but occasionally still gell up. Was wondering if maybe the NOPOX which I occasionally use could be the problem, like vodka or vinegar?
Mixing methods shouldn't have a bearing on the results you have

Last edited: