Bio Pellet Reactor Size

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Ares, 29 Sep 2016.

1. Ares

Ares

Good day ,

I am hoping to pick the brain of the community quickly. I have a 1000l tank currently and I would like to add a bio-pellet reactor to the system.

What size reactor would you recommend and how much media would I need for it ?

Is there any specific way that I can use to calculate the amount of flow that I would need in the reactor ?

There is currently no livestock in my tank apart from my live rock. There was a tank crash thanks to faulty equipment and ill need to start over.

Thanks in advance

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Amount you add will depend on how heavily stocked your tank is.
    What other filtration are you running?

I dont think theres a way to calculate exact flow needed through reactor, you just need enough to keep them tumbling

4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

There is some useful info here - http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/d-d-nutri-fix-np-bio-media, although I'm not sure if you could use their advised 100-200ml per 100 litres on other products or if it's specific to their pellets, I'm guessing it's a ball park figure which you could use. I assume other products would advise on the amount needed on their labels?

5. Dizi

Dizi

you can also install a ball valve on the intake and set it to get just the right flow for the media to tumble

Recent Posts