biltricide for flukes.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by wookie, 16 Oct 2014.

1. wookie

wookie

Hi guys thought I would share this gem. I have had some issue with flukes and well like we all know.... it kills!I have invented my own little medicated food with great results.What I do is purchase a tray of ocean nutrition frozen food.(Take a type of food all of the fish will eat) I have had great results with brine shrimp or mysis. Then I go to the local vet and get 1/2 tablets of biltricide (it contains 600mg of praziquantel). I press out all the cubes and defrost the food crush the tablets and add the two together until it becomes relatively disolved. Pour it back into its original tray and refreeze! Then serve it as a meal and there you go... They may spit it out a few times, but they get the necessary dosage!!!

My fish in dt were flashing scratching big time so borrowed a tank for qt. Did a fresh water dip before qt then used 6m.il endotape (contains praziquantel) on day 1 then did a 50% water change and repeated the next day. Only 2 treatments required. In the 2nd week of qt and dt was fallow the fish were eating ok then i lost 2 fish and the rest were skittish stopped eating but no more scratching was noticed, as they were so stressed i put them back into the dt and they started eating again and no more problems for 2 weeks now, then i saw my yellow tang shaking it's head and swimming fast and scratching again and. I came across the top post using biltricide so managed to buy one tablet after heavy convincing and was wondering has any one used it with success and how much to use with how many cubes of frozen brine shrimp. I will be treating in the dt as don't want to lose any more fish.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

I have inboxed you. Read you PM's

4. wookie

wookie Thread Starter

Hi thanks have done will make contact tomorrow sat

Recent Posts