Biltong Chamber

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Rowan here is a pic. The fan on the top eft should be slow and airflow gentle 1.5 metre might be too wide for good airflow so i scaled it down to 1 m. heating elememts in the air inlet bottom right and you thermostat middle back should give you good control over heat.
make you rail about 50% than you avg biltong length.

temp 26 - 30 deg C, best is 26 deg

Add a UV c light top front as well(switch it of when you work in it.

8mm superwood will be fine as will ply wood or sheet metal

654777dd6b4fbf7.jpg

Thanks dude. Perfect timing. I just logged on and here is the sketck waiting a mere 3 minutes. You're a star.

For the extractor fan would a couple of PC ones be ok?

Any idea on heating elements?

Should we move this thread elsewhere?

OK in a new thread.

go to Heating elements (nowhere else :)) in curry str, ask them for an element in that range. Light bulbs will work if you can hook them up to a thermostat 2 x100w.

A commercial refrigeration place should have the fans between 50 and a 100 rand

I just hang mine up in the kia with a desktop fan blowing :p

Just to save the Englishbloke dancing round google for half an hour - what are you lot talking about?:blushing:

Just to save the Englishbloke dancing round google for half an hour - what are you lot talking about?:blushing:
We go into the bush (pastures for you) and do the manly thing, we hunt down poor innocent creatures, such as deer, and shoot them, then cut their throats, hang them upside down to drain, remove their skin and innards, then slice the meat up, add a concoction of spices etc. allow to cure for a little while, then hang the meat up in a Biltong Drier, the meat dries, depending on how you like it, slightly wet or very dry, once fully cured we then remove it and devour it with copious amounts of beer, aka Beer and Biltong. Go into your nearest South African shop and try some, it's orgasmic.

Basically dried meat, got it?

We talking about Biltong :):):)

beef or game cut into strips spiced (mostly salt pepper and coriander) and dried

Oh stop that viper:razz:

Thanks dude you have been a great help. Do you think this will still work in Summer with our humidity?

Thanks dude you have been a great help. Do you think this will still work in Summer with our humidity?

oh yes, we use it all the time, make sure you have gentle airflow, but enough.

in other words the air must be in chamber long enough to absorb the moisture, but leave the chamber quick enough for dryer air to enter

Make sense?

Yeah any suggestion on a air flow rate through the fan?

Yeah any suggestion on a air flow rate through the fan?

I might have one of those fans for you, as for actual volume per hour, nope.

Will have a look when I am down next week some time

Cool you coming down next week? I'll get the peroni ready. Oh damn I am on stdby, I'll have to watch you drink. :1:

Hope you're bring your better half with.

Cool you coming down next week? I'll get the peroni ready. Oh damn I am on stdby, I'll have to watch you drink. :1:

Hope you're bring your better half with.

I might bring her down, hey you cant watch me drink:thumbup:

With the callouts I have been getting lately. And I am on till the 7th Jan 2008. :(:(

Back
Top Bottom